Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Did i play this bad??

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $26.10
BB: $24.30
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $25</font>
CO: $24.35
BTN: $25.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.35</font>, SB calls $1.25, BB folds, Hero calls $1.10, CO folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.55) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.20</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.40</font>, Hero calls $6.40, BTN folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($20.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $18.35</font>, Hero calls all-in for $17.25
Uncalled bet of $1.10 returned to SB

<font color="black">River:</font> ($55.05) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $55.05 ($2.75 Rake)

SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace high) and WON (+$27.30)
Hero had 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fives) and LOST (-$25)

Did i play this ok?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Did i play this bad??

Raise pf.
lead flop, hope to 3bet all in.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:48 PM

why would i raise UTG with 55 when i should be looking to see a flop for low to hit my set??
Old 04-21-2007, 08:48 PM

I'm opening this preflop. Definitely not in love with your flop line, I think I'm betting here for 3.25 to 4$ If you decide to check though, checkraise to an amount that leaves you with 1/2 to 2/3 pot left on turn, so to around $13. Then shove any turn.

Turn is ok though.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 PM

I check... BTN raises then SB raises.... if i were to raise in this position i scare off any potential hand that is going to pay me off... i decide that i am going to check raise the original raiser.. i want to keep SB in the pot so i can shove turn...
for definite, raising the flop after a reraise would scare off an overpair...
Old 04-21-2007, 08:52 PM

You do realise that I am the person called "hero"??!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:06 PM

1. Opening preflop here with 55 is completely standard. Of the biggest 6 max nl25 winners I'd be surprised if you found more than a handfull of them who didn't open with any pair from anywhere. Some of your opponents are not complete retards. They will note you as "open limps with small pps" which will hurt both the amount of money you make with those small pairs and the amount you make with AA, KK, QQ, JJ.

2. What happens when button has AK, AJ, 99, 88, hearts etc here? you really think he's going to cbet into multiple opponents on a draw heavy board? It happens, but not often enough to make up for the times that you let yourself get turned by a drawing hand.

3."for definite, raising the flop after a reraise would scare off an overpair"

Either this is the nittiest nl25 table ever assembled, or you're seriously overestimating your opponent's ability to fold. AT nl100 I'd expect to get some AQs to felt this flop, and most KK or AA.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:26 PM

I hate how most 2p2ers think there is only one way to play certain hands. Although I am in the list of opening any pair preflop, I believe limping is OK. However you need to limp with a wide range (including strong hands).

On the flop, I like to go for the CR and sometimes bet out. After it goes bet, then raise I believe I can get at least one of them to come along. For that reason I chuck in a raise and get it all-in on the turn. To be honest I might just push right now given that's how I would prefer to play a big draw.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 PM

I limp with pairs and AK sometimes. My opponents who think i only limp with pairs give me their chips.

as played i think all the money goes in OTF. Youre hoping he has a big pair, which he does. But on a board that draw heavy you need to make sure all the draws are charged, plus hes probably not folding a big pair anyway. So push the flop.

Oh i also lead out on the flop looking to get raised by said big pair. Doyle brunson taught me that.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 PM

I would def not check this flop. This flop is so wet that it would be a disaster if btn checks behind. I would lead, and push to SB reraise. AA, KK are not folding this flop, since your aggression smells a lot like a big draw.

Raising preflop is not mandatory, but I like doing it because I can take this down with a cbet mosts times (when HU). Raising preflop in general helps you generate action for the times you hit a set and your opponent does not have a strong hand.