5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $636.40
CO: $1178.72
Button: $653.25
Hero: $1177.90
BB: $1461.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $18 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $54)</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($54, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $32</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($108, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $90</font>, UTG calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($280, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $250</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $633.4</font>, Hero 240 more to call

I haven't played long with villain so I don't have many reads but he's probably terrible because he limp called a raise UTG. Is my river bet to big? What do I do when he shoves other than vomit?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $477.84
UTG+1: $830
CO: $541.15
Button: $2806.70
Hero: $616.50
BB: $696.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $32</font>, Hero calls $29 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $50)</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $26 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $76)</font>, CO calls $26 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $102)</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($102, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($102, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $90</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($282, 2 players)
Hero ?

Villain is basically unknown.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: $600NL I thought top set was a good hand

hand 1: lol what's the question? OMG FOLD there's no way you're good here 1 in 5 times!!!

hand 2: bet the flop and the hand plays itself
Old 04-21-2007, 06:22 PM

hand 1... obv call? i dont really think you can bet fold river after he just called the turn anyways especially if you don't know anything about him...

2... you have a bluff catcher really, play accordingly. but its no like check snap call. you can fold this hand.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Hand 1 Call you are getting sick good odds.
Hand 2 Check river for sure. I like the flop check.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:19 PM

hand 1 fold, bet less

hand 2 bet flop, check - eval riv prob call
Old 04-22-2007, 05:03 AM

hand 1 bet less, I can't image why you would almost pot it there. If you were deeper I think this bet is fine as it would be hard for someone to come over the top with a bluff but in this spot it just gives you sick odds to call.

hand 2 bet flop check river
Old 04-22-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 Check river for sure. I like the flop check.

[/ QUOTE ]
naw it sucks
Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 AM

hand 1: I think I would bet about 180-200 because if he has flush he has taken an extremely weird line with the flush check calling the turn and then hoping on that board that you are going to value bet again so he can c/rai. Unless he has the nut flush on the turn it is quite risky to just let you draw at a better flush. Even with the smaller bet I'm calling a push there given those odds and that board. He could also possibly be slowplaying a set himself though like the flush I would think he would raise before c/ring the river. The line I see a lot of players use is the c/c then c/c like they are on a draw then push or make big bet on the river with the nutflush like the missed their draw and are bluffing. His line doesn't make sense so I'm paying him off.

Hand 2: My standard line preflop would be to reraise the button raise for sure. You won't know where you stand postflop out of position with any of 4 overcards to fall and he is isolating 2 loose limpers so he could have anything and make 2 pair and you have overpair and still no idea. I'm 3-betting that 99% of the time. With the play as it went I'm leading on that board because you are likely to get plenty of action from an Ace of spades or any overpair that has a spade and maybe an overpair with no spade. This way you possibly hook one or both of the guys in the middle in the pot if he has anything good and you don't get stuck in the situation of letting them all take one off or being forced to c/r the flop and not letting the loose limpers do what they do best - getting money in the middle drawing thin and oop. I'm betting and calling or reraising any action on that flop. If I get called then I'm leading turn if heads up and re-evaluating if still multi-way. That river is obviously tough. There is no particular reason to put your one remaining opp on QJ or a J at all unless they had something like JT with J of spades on that turn. That is a big bet to call on the turn with a draw that might be no good with the preflop raiser still left to act. I think it is likely your hand is still good unless he was slow-playing a monster like the flush. Even the made straight on the turn like QJ most likely raises you. I'm checking the river and most likely calling a bet. Your opponent may detect weakness since you led on a drawy board and they may bluff at it with their big spade that didn't get there.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:59 AM

Hand 1 call for sure, you're getting great odds and the times he has 5s5x alone should be enough to warrant the call.

Hand 2 is much tougher. Dunno how unknowns play at Party these days, but at Stars no one folds anything so you could probably bet for value here. ;p Or at least block it. A worse hand would raise you almost never even if you bet small. My fear with checking is that he will sometimes have a whiffed spade that he will bluff with, but not often enough to make calling +EV for you.