Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Live 5/10 Deep Stack bottom set

This is the BEST 5/10 game I've ever been in. Very tight and very passive 10 handed. Lots of limping PF and many calls to standard PF raises if the PF raise is under 50. Very easy to read people post flop. The game is not capped at 1k buy in and everyone has 2k plus. Villain is the tightest player at the table. Very very passive post flop and is UTG. Over the course of 5+ hours he's raised preflop maybe 3 or 4 times. He has raised post flop maybe once. I have about 3.5k and villian has about 2.5K.

The hand:
UTG Villain: limps
UTG + 1: limps
MP1: raises to 30 (this is most def. a pot building raise, it's rare, but if he had a premium hand it would have been raised to 75 or so. He's got connectors, small/med pair or AQish. He's very straight forward post flop)
Hero w/ 2,2: calls 30
BB: calls 30
UTG villain: calls 30
UTG + 1: calls 30
POT = 135
Flop: 7s 3x 2s

BB: leads with 65 (this bet is most def. med over pair, top pair top kicker and she is making a weak feeler bet)
UTG villain: calls 65
UTG + 1: folds
MP1: calls
Hero: At this point, I put villain on a draw and MP 1 chasing. I raise 300 to 365 expecting a fold from the BB, and a call from UTG and a fold from MP + 1 or vice versa depending on which one has the draw. I don't want 3 people drawing at me and thought this bet would accomplish this goal as well as setting up a big bet on the turn if a blank hits.
BB: folds
UTG Villain: springs to life and makes it 1.2k or so. I'm shocked. I've never seen this much aggression out of him.
MP1: folds
HERO: I immediately put him on 77 or 33 and I go into the tank. I can't remeber the last time I layed down a set on the flop w/o a str8t or flush possible. If this was online it would be an insta shove. If this was a standard 5/10 live game, it would be an insta shove. But this wasn't standard. The only other hand I seriously put him on is 5s4s. I have a hard time believing he had only one draw if he's drawing. There is an out side chance he's got AA (5% maybe) or AsKs (10%). So I begin to think about what he thinks of my hand. I'm def. the most aggressive at the table. I've bet/raised draws and play my position strong. I've basically made 1.5k while being card dead. Does he put me on a draw? I think this is a strong possibilty. I don't think he'd put me on an over pair. He might put me on 23. He might put me on a set. I don't think me range is that big, here, in his eyes. But, he's not exaclty a pro... he may not be thinking about what I have.

Do I shove or fold (if u want to make an argument for calling, I'll listen)?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Live 5/10 Deep Stack bottom set

you put the money in regardless, dont overthink it, you have the 3rd nuts.