Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Q9s with trips on the flop

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $44.48
BB: $14.64
UTG: $25
CO: $25.35
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $24.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $10</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $5

<font color="black">River:</font> ($27.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7</font>

Now hero... should call, raise, or fold?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Q9s with trips on the flop

Just call. The pot is pretty big at this point, although I'm guessing you're beat most of the time.

Anybody consider a different turn line after the raise? I suppose folding is out of the question but our kicker kinda sucks.

Also, welcome to the forums. You'll find that you learn a lot more by adding your own comments and thoughts to the hands posted by other members, rather than posting 8 or 9 of your own hands in rapid succession. For one thing, it gives you a fresh perspective to see other people's lines. For another, people will be more willing to chime in on your hands when they see you contributing in other areas.

Oh, and if you haven't already, read the stickied FAQ's at the top. They are full of absolute gold.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 AM

Reads?

Raise the flop. You need to start building a pot and get some money from AA-TT before a scare card hits the turn and shuts down your action.

Turn bet is a bit on the smallish side, but fairly reasonable I suppose. Just calling the c/r is fine.

River I'd just call. From the way SB played his hand, I'd expect to see 87, 66, or 55 a fair amount of the time. Something like a slowplayed J9, T9, or 98 is also possible, but you won't see those often enough to raise IMO.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:15 AM

call your getting about 5 to 1. cant fold here. also should have reraised on the flop.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:45 AM

considering the pf raise, def raise the flop to around 6ish.