Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 PM

Default 25NL 10K hand stat checkup / pity party

I've always been a terrible cash game player, so I thought I'd grind out 10K hands at 25NL 6-max (FTP) and see just how bad I am and if I could improve.

Over 10054 hands I'm 24/15/3.4 with a BB/100 of (drumroll, please) 0.37. Intuitively, I feel like I'm picking up a lot of small pots with positional aggression preflop / c-betting the flop. And, like many bad players, I suck in every conceivable way after the flop. I spew with 2nd barreling, I very rarely seem to get value from my good made hands.

Does anyone have any tips for using PT to identify / improve postflop issues? Are there any other stats I could post to get some comments / insight from posters here? Should I continue fighting at 25NL or give 10NL a shot (or should I just quit, you snarky bastards.)

Thanks,
J
Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: 25NL 10K hand stat checkup / pity party

I don't have the stats in front of me, so what do I really know. For what it's worth, though, check out Tien's excellent summary of 6-max play to get yourself thinking about how you're playing those hands.

25/14 sounds like too little PF aggression - you might be losing money by limping/calling out of position, or something similar.

One way to avoid spewing really badly is to take note of the fact that bluffs hardly ever work at these stakes. You've probably stacked off empty more times than you realize.

Other than that keep grinding. It's all about improving anyway.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 25NL 10K hand stat checkup / pity party

lower your VPIP for starters, that'll probably reduce your leaks right away. Chances are your not playing even the easy-to-play straight forward hands for that level correctly.

Your either cold calling or limping way too much, I have no idea which. For me, my stats vary from 15/13 or so to 20/17. Usually only a 2-3% gap in my PFR to my VPIP.

I beat 25NL at like 4 sites with basically no double barrelling ever. It should not be a big tool in your arsenal, and doesn't really need to be there at all IMO.