Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Nice flop in limped pot with deep stakcs and position

$100 freeze in an Oslo poker club which I just busted out of on the fourth level. What bastards.

I come to my table which has already formed, and find this super agressive regular to my immideate right. He makes a comment about me being mr. bluffer, and the entire table hears it. Nice.

BB is a young guy (probably 17-24) with curly hair and kind of an average look. For all I know he might be good (the quality of play in this tourney generally is, but he could also be just the average fish who was brought here by a friend.

First hand.

Big blind is t50, 9-handed.

Stacks t10000.

Preflop:Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls t50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls t50, I call t50 <font color="blue">(?)</font>, Button and SB haven't arrived yet, BB checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t225, 4 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="red">I bet t200</font>, BB calls t200, 2 folds.

Turn:6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t625)
BB checks, <font color="red">I bet t600</font>, <font color="red"> SB raises to t1800</font>,I think for a little while, before calling t1200<font color="blue">(?)</font>.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t4225, 2 players)
BB checks, I think for 20 seconds <font color="red"> and put out my remaining t7250</font><font color="blue">(?)</font>

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Nice flop in limped pot with deep stakcs and position

We could throw a raise out there on the flop but I don't mind the limp. I like the flop, like the turn... and then the river I'm not sure. Are you trying to rep. a busted draw? Did the comment 'Mr Bluffer' that the entire table heard make you play it this way? I would probably bet around 3500. I think you're pushing out alot of hands that would call for a psb...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:07 PM

I raise this PF maybe 50% of the time here, making your limp ok.

As played I play the flop and the turn the same, although it could be argued not to bet as much on the turn. However, if your intensions are to get it all in then this is fine.

As for the river I'm inclined to bet 2500-3000 for value and call a push. I think hands that you beat (QJ, KJ, K6)call this bet but not a push. I guess AT gets our chips.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. Blue, I'm thinking a CRAI on the river here would be a straight from villain like 99% of the time, no?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did the comment 'Mr Bluffer' that the entire table heard make you play it this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point/question, I was wondering the same.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:37 PM

if its a limped pot, I could see 9-10s or off also stacking KQ, I don't think it A-10 is the only possible limping hand that had us dead to re-draw from the get go.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if its a limped pot, I could see 9-10s or off also stacking KQ, I don't think it A-10 is the only possible limping hand that had us dead to re-draw from the get go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless villain is really, really good and has some sort of metagame with hero, I don't expect him to check the river with AT or T9.

As for the overbet shove, I don't like it because it's the first hand and people don't want to go broke on the first hand of live tournaments. I would just make a good-sized value bet.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. Blue, I'm thinking a CRAI on the river here would be a straight from villain like 99% of the time, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:48 PM

im probably a nit but isnt his line quite strong? calling flop and then c/r turn while u bomb away?

the checking on the river puzzles me tough. which would for me weight his range more to 2p and 109 that will call but doesnt wanna go broke in case u got it, although i do not entirely take away AT cause the only way he is going to stack u is when u bet after and he gets to checkraise. But there is a lot of 2p hands so a bet is getting paid off by worse so a bet is probably good?

2500 and fold to c/r sounds good to me.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:57 PM

lol guys the overbet on the river was kinda because I was too lazy to estimate the pot size, and I thought villain might have lower two pair, and well, people don't fold two pair. But I only get that amount if I bet less. Also, I was assuming I had the best hand 99.999% of the time, and remembering the "mr bluffer" comment pulled the trigger in my head.