Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 AM

Default STFU about sharkscope!

Dear frustrated grinders,

Please stop telling fish that they suck. This is bad for my profitability and also just plain rude. It is scary and annoying for a recreational player to have some guy berating him about how much he's lost.

Yours Sincerely,

Someone who can accept a bad beat like an adult and doesn't need to wave his e-weenie around the chat.

Anyway, I have suggested to Stars support that they start warning / chat banning people for berating other players, especially when quoting third party statistic programs. To me this pretty clearly violates the chat is supposed to be nice rule that they have.

To me "OMG U suck U R down $1234 in SNGs LOLZ" is more offensive than "effing fish hitting a two outer **** you". The second is easier for the bad player to ignore, the first makes them think "wait a second I have deposited a lot more than I have cashed out".

Bringing up hard evidence that players suck seems like it's trying to drive bad players (who are the kind we want to play against) out of the games. I know your fragile little egos don't like losing but STFU it happens.

So yeah, if everyone else who hates morons tapping on the aquarium writes in too, maybe Stars will listen and start being stricter about people who berate the fish.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: STFU about sharkscope!

Agreed. In most cases, the beraters are insecure about their own play.

Ryan
Old 04-19-2007, 07:48 AM

Agreed, laugh at them "nicely sucking out" "nice hand" but don't tell them they have lost many $$$ by that play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They will want to change, and we don't want that to happen ^^
Old 04-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Agreed, just challenge them to HU matches. They accept at a pretty decent rate.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Very good point. It has always frustrated me to no end when people berate the bad players, but I've never really felt they paid much attention. Bringing sharkscope into the whine session is more likely to do real damage.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Tapping the glass is always a dumb idea. It's nuclear dumb when you start quoting stats from a site that the fish wouldn't know about in a million years.

100% agree with the OP. I'm stuck on Full Tilt now because A) my home computer is a Mac now, and B) it's one of the only ones still working for US players.

FT has nowhere near the number of donating idiots that Party (my former ATM machine) did.

So stop trying to berate the few that are left! I'm man enough to admit that I'm not good enough to profit playing with good players. I need idiots to make money!

Don't do things that will make them leave or learn how to play better.