Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2006, 06:56 AM

Default party 30/60: jts hits mosnter draw. discuss all streets

Villain is 32/26/1.3 47WtSD after only 50 hands. so those stats donīt mean much, but he seems decent.

Flop cap fine ?
Do think the river bet has value. Better hands wonīt fold, but I think chances are slim he would raise me on the river.

Party Poker 30.00/60.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: party 30/60: jts hits mosnter draw. discuss all streets

I like it i play the same
Old 02-16-2006, 01:46 PM

i just call the flop 3-bet. yeah you have good equity but i don't think you have much in the way of fold equity, and you put yourself in a [censored] spot on the turn if you miss. if you call the 3-bet however the turn becomes real easy to play. i'd rather be able to c/r when i hit the turn and c/c when i miss it than put in an extra sb with decent equity on the flop.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just call the flop 3-bet. yeah you have good equity but i don't think you have much in the way of fold equity, and you put yourself in a [censored] spot on the turn if you miss. if you call the 3-bet however the turn becomes real easy to play. i'd rather be able to c/r when i hit the turn and c/c when i miss it than put in an extra sb with decent equity on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. If I did cap I would check the turn and hope my cap scared him into giving me a free card.