Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Default KQo on a draw

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.5/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises, </font>Hero ?.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: KQo on a draw

I let this one go most times. Your overcard outs are tainted by the possibility that one of the limpers flopped two pair/set/straight/flush draw/has you reverse dominated, and while you have a redraw to the 2nd nut flush you still can't be terribly happy if the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hits on the turn. All told, I think we could call this somewhere around 7 outs, and getting 9.5:2 immediate with the potential for a 3bet and/or cap behind you, that's just not good enough.

If I did continue, I would 3bet with the intention of taking a free card if the turn doesn't improve me.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 AM

6 outs for overcards
~1.5 out for back door flush draw
4 outs for gutshot straight draw

But, i think the overcard odds need to be discounted because it probably not hold up, you may be facing 2 pair or a made straight.

You might get callers if the j falls and makes someones smaller straight so that is maybe 2 implied odds.

I would say 6:1 odds.

You are getting 3:1 pot odds.

I say fold.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:20 AM

This hand shows why I raise flush draws on the flop more often than not.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:27 AM

3 outs to overs, 1.5 to bdfd, 4 outs to J's = 8.5 outs = 4.5:1, pot odds are 9.5:2 = 4.75:1. So it's close... I guess if you figure in the # of times BB 3-bets you it'll push it closer to a fold. Meh, it doesn't matter what you do in this situation. I think either decision is fine.

Edit to add, in the heat of battle I fold... but depending on how much you value your overcards against these opponents really dictates if this is a call or not.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand shows why I raise flush draws on the flop more often than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very good point.
I'm still probably folding here. You have absolutly no odds in a smallish pot. And although villian may be on the hearts draw the only outs you have that aren't tainted are the three non heart jacks. Even with a flush redraw on the turn you just don't have odds.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:43 PM

fold, you arent closing the action (SB might 3 bang), pot isnt that big, implied odds arent that good as a K or Q likely shuts down the action unless you're beat, and all but 3 outs are dirty.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, it doesn't matter what you do in this situation ,unless you're going to feel compelled to call a turn ui.

[/ QUOTE ]