Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Building a roll playin h2h (HUSNG)

Stars 5 dollar games i can start w/ 20 and grind out a roll. You profit at 60% i can easily win 70-80% at this level, and move up when suffic. Everyone talks about the microlimits, but i dont like limit and i feel that h2h is my strongest game. thoughts?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Building a roll playin h2h

I don't understand what "everyone talks about microlimits but i don't like limit."

80% winrate for NL HUSNG would be pretty impossible IMO.

You're planning to start with 20 bucks?

If you start with 100, which is a little shy of 20 buyins at the 5s, and you are a pretty good player already you can likely move up pretty fast. Other people might be better at outlining a reasonable goal for you, but you can build your roll quickly like this.

What kind of poker experience do you have already? Games, limits, success rate (in numbers).
Old 04-18-2007, 03:56 AM

80%, or even 70% is gonna be very hard to sustain.

if you can win 60% of HU sng while say 2 tabling 20-30 dollar buyins, you could probably make a living doing it.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:58 AM

If your good enough to play off a 4 buyin roll I suspect you would have more money.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 AM

I don't know what he meant but 20 bucks would be faar not enough, would it? That's 3 buy-ins. Your RoR would be pretty high even with 80 or 85% win rates.
If it's 20 buy-ins I'd start off with $10.5 since you got 10 Buy-ins for it and step down with 12 BIs for the $5.25s.

I think with "micro limits" he meant fixed limit micros which he's too impatient to play at!?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 AM

Easy 80%? Probably not. If your very good you can reach 70%. But do not get surprised if your win rate is 65%.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:30 PM

HUSNGs are the best way to build a roll but don't start with $20 fer god's sake. Scrape together $300 or $400 and play the $30s or $33s on Stars. If you bust, do it again. Don't multitable. (Multitabling STSNGs at the same time is OK, but HU requires too much attention to effectively play 2 at once unless you have played so many that most of your decisions are almost automatic.)

The biggest problem with playing the dinky limits is that you won't learn anything. That, and the fact that your $/hr is higher picking up cans by the side of the road. :P
Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 PM

60% is a fantastic WR for HUSNGs, at least at buyins > $25. Below that I can't say, not having played enough of them. I doubt Phil Ivey would break 60% long-term at anything over $50. Well, maybe. But not by much.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what "everyone talks about microlimits but i don't like limit."

80% winrate for NL HUSNG would be pretty impossible IMO.

You're planning to start with 20 bucks?

If you start with 100, which is a little shy of 20 buyins at the 5s, and you are a pretty good player already you can likely move up pretty fast. Other people might be better at outlining a reasonable goal for you, but you can build your roll quickly like this.

What kind of poker experience do you have already? Games, limits, success rate (in numbers).

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean i would much rather play HUSNG with 25 % of my roll than 2 cent 4 cent limit on starts. I dont need 100 dollars. Its inconceivable me losing 4 games in a row at this level. As for not having money being this good at HU (not that i'm phenomenal but at this level its easy), thats where my gambling problem hits- with other games/going out hard, drugs, but thats over. Ill try it and let u guys know what happens.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Well I'm about to embark on an adventure building my roll from $130 to $10k playing HU sngs. details in my brand new blog obv.

I think it is definitely a good way to build a roll.