Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Best Wii Games?

Hi,

I got my Wii about a month ago (thankyou Turbo SNG donkaments) and I bought Zelda with it. Finished Zelda and now I am wondering what game to get next. My friend got the Prince of Persia game and that's pretty cool, but either way I'll just borrow that from him when he's finished.

What games have you guys tried/own that you would recommend? I can't just hold out till SSBB comes out.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Best Wii Games?

Right now I would recommend Super Paper Mario for 1 player games. For multiplayer Rayman and WarioWare are really good for parties.

Others seem to like Tiger Woods golf and Madden. I haven't played either despite enjoying those types of games. FPS reviews seem to not be that good although the potential is certainly there given how much fun the Rayman FPS minigame is where you're on a rail. Elebits seems to have good reviews as well.

I also have Super Monkeyball, which I don't reccomend too highly. It's not terrible but the controls on a lot of the minigames, the main feature of the game, aren't very good. It's kind of sad because it could be a stunningly good game, but I think they rushed it a little to get it out by launch.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM

I didn't even know Rayman was a multiplayer!But what is that game about? I honestly was thinking about Madden even though I'm Australian I thought the game could work and I do have a slight understanding of the game and 2 of my friends play.

It just seems like there's only about 10 titles available at the moment here and I'm not excited about any of them.

A few of the games seem kinda childish (a problem I keep finding with Nintendo). Even though they're addictive as all hell, hence I finished Zelda around work and poker in a month. Has anyone played RedSteel? I only have one other friend with a Wii and we get pretty competitive especially with sports and I was looking for a game we could both get into.

Thanks Jared for your advice I might buy WarioWare.

Any other suggestions maybe fighting/shooter game released or TBR soon?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Trauma Center: Second Opinion is a great one-player game. The only downside is that it is rather short (15-20 hours to beat), and does not have much replay value. If you don't buy it, then definitely rent it when you have enough time to play it all the way through.

I have not been impressed by any of the multi-player games yet, other than wii sports. I have rayman and super monkeyball and wario ware but none of them have lived up to my expectations. The games aren't terrible, but they just aren't addicting in the mario party kind of way.

Mario party 8 comes out for the wii in May. I can't wait for that.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:38 AM

How The Godfather: Blackhand edition gets overlooked is beyond me. Seriously, I think it's the best game on the Wii right now, and it never seems to get mentioned. Maybe it's because it has a more "mature" theme to it than most games on a nintendo system, but I wouldn't think that would matter on here. Anyways, it's a great game. Get it.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 AM

it depends what kind of game u want...

multiplayer:
rayman - hilarious and really fun multiplayer; great on-rails shooting levels show potential of resident evil game coming soon

wario ware - fun quirky 5-second mini games; many people can play sharing 1 controller

red steel - fun golden-eye-type game; some complain of controls, but u get used to them quickly and everyone i know that's played it likes them; rent if u like fps

mortal kombat - controls add depth to this game if u like the series

dbz/marvel alliance - rent either if interested to see if u wanna buy

sports:
madden - great controls on a great football game; fun multiplayer modes as well with 3v3 and yac

tiger woods/super swing golf - 2 golf games are out; tiger is considered the better one and is a pretty big hit among some

ssx - snowboarding game with great controls

heatseeker - flight sim game that is about to come out; averaged 8.8 in all reviews last i saw

several racing games - excite truck, nfs are the top 2 so far

single player:

super paper mario - 2d/3d mario game with some rpg elements, but no turn-based fighting...great pickup

godfather: blackhand edition - gta-like sandbox game with great controls

elebits - really fun shooter/puzzler for one player; multiplayer is annoying; can create domino rallys and can send levels you create to friends over the net for them to play

trauma center - see ds game; u are surgeon using wiimote to do various tasks

sonic - first decent sonic game since the franchise was 2d; also has multiplayer games; haven't played them, but assume they are hit-and-miss like monkey ball

monkey ball - fun game somewhat like marble madness with hit-and-miss multiplayer games

old school:

check out virtual console for lots of choices

metal slug anthologies - all the metal slug games; multiple controller options; fun game

coming up soon games:
scarface, manhunt 2, no more heroes - more sandbox gta-like games with lots of violence and blood

resident evil - on-rails shooting game like house of dead or timecrisis

big brain academy and cooking mama - see ds games

spiderman 3/harry potter/etc etc etc

mario strikers - fun soccer game with online play

big titles coming out later this year:
super mario galaxy
metroid
super smash bros
guitar hero II
Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 AM

Excite Truck is a must own in my opinion. I must have played that game for 60 hours already and I don't really play a lot of video games. So much fun.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM

i heard that the best game is still wii bowling
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM

i've been playing godfather for a week or so and it's pretty fun, although the controls aren't perfect
Old 04-19-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i heard that the best game is still wii bowling

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I can't crack that stupid 250 mark I suck.