Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 AM

Default plo 100. top 2

Hey all. I'm mainly a nlh player but dabbling in plo for a bit of fun. Any and all advice on the hand is appreciated.

No reads on either player. Is preflop ok? I would have raised in position, but felt that my raise defines my hand quite well and it would make postflop play difficult inless I flopped a set. If they are paying attention I have been very tight.

Is it stupid to go to war with top 2 and slim redraws on this board? I've been doing my best not to overplay my marginal hands like bottom set and 2 pair, but my holdem experience makes me want to just get the money in.

Also is there a program like pokerstove for omaha?

thanks for any help

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98
UTG+1: $72.80
MP1: $121.90
MP2: $204.09
MP3: $86.81
CO: $53.80
Button: $272.40
hero: $201.10
BB: $68.82

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, 2 folds, hero calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $5.70</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to 28.50$</font>, <font color="#cc0000">
Old 04-17-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: plo 100. top 2

I dont mind checking the blinds with AAxx for variety, but usually i will raise. Unlike hold em its perfectly normal to check when you miss the flop - dont feel you have to stab at every flop with a continuation bet like hold em

after the flop i will take a stab and then give it up - if i had a read on the player repotting i might play on, but for sure you average Omaha player is not reraising here with worse than K9
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: plo 100. top 2

Flop bet fine, fold to raise.