Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Foxwoods trip report for you, BBV (MS Paint + semi-NSFW)

This has been written for almost a month now, but is just now being published. Sorry to keep my bbv homies waiting. There’s some photoshopped images and some tittays to keep the degens entertained

Poker below intro, cliff notes at very bottom. Enjoy. (tl;dr)

*****TL;DR INTRO*****

So BBV, before this trip, I was down about $1000 over 4 or 5 trips to Foxwoods, which is just not right, as anyone who's ever played there should know. So basically everytime I go, I'm all "these games are so easy" and I leave all "wtfffffff"

Here's a link to a previous trip report, if anyone cares.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7317389

On my most recent trip (not the one in the TR above), after getting owned (lol) at the 1-2 NL tables ($600, all in on flop, overpair < OESD, and of course, AA < AJ on Q73r, all in on flop for $200 pot, turn K, river T, pay the man his money) I headed over to the 10-20 minbet table my friend Jay was playing at, finding it incredibly donkish. I played it that night for like an hour, but vowed to play more of it next time I came.

Fast forward to March 16, I'm in Boston for my college spring break (maybe not as desirable a spring break destination as Cancun, but whatever, I'm visiting friends from my previous college) and obviously have to make a trip to Foxwoods. So me and my friend Jay hop in his balla whip

and head to the bank to get the poker mobniez. While we're at the bank, one of the women who works there is like "ooooh, i like your shoes"

and I'm all like, "yeah thats right btch" but we had to go play poker so I didn't have time to SIIHP.

We stop at Bagel Rising before we head out, and I get an onion bagel with sundried tomato cream cheese, while Jay gets plain w/ plain cream cheese because he's a life nit.

*****POKER BEGINS*****

We finally get to Foxwoods about 1PM and immediately sit at a 4-8 table (minbet) and get on the list for 10-20. Nothing much interesting, except Jay’s last hand before he goes to 10-20. He announces that it’s his last hand at the table, so I’m 3-betting him even lighter than usual. He raises UTG, 2 folds to me, and I 3-bet w/ AJo to isolate the fish. Folded to him and he calls (you can tell this is way too nitty of a table for FW 4-8). Heads up, we see a flop of QJ3r, Jay check/calls my bet, check/calls again on a blank turn, river is an Ace, he checks, I bet, he starts crying, flashes his KQ, and folds. Apparently Lee Jones was the dealer, but he must have been wearing a fake moustache or something so I didn’t recognize him.

Anyway, nothing very remarkable for a while, Jay leaves to play 10-20, but I stick around at 4-8 and 5-10 to polish up my limit skills (I’ve been playing exclusively NL online for the last 6 months) before I move to 10-20. I get up a little, then lose it back, etc. Interestingly, I win two big pots, both w/ k8s, both times the flop comes Ace-high w/ an 8 and two of my suit, and both times I turn the nut flush and take the fish to valuetown.

When I move away from a nitty 5-10 table, I sit down at my new table to see my old friend from my last FW trip (see TR link at top of post), Bluff Monster!!

He’s a 50 y/o Indian guy who’s apparently very wealthy (he owns two hotels in Conn.) and absolutely horrible at poker. He earned his nickname b/c he told me at some length about a Bollywood movie about a poker player, a “bluff monster,” and also for his erratic play. FWIW, I don’t know if Bluff Monster thinks he’s bluffing when he bets every street w/ 66 on an AKJ84.

One hand against Bluff Monster: I limp 22 UTG, bunch of limpers, someone in LP raises, and everyone calls, 8 to the flop. 532r, I lead out, 2 callers, Bluff Monster raises, one guy cold-calls, I 3-bet, Bluff Monster calls, and the cold-caller calls. The turn is a sick 4, cold-caller checks, I check, Bluff Monster bets, other guy folds and I call. River is a beautiful 5, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet and he calls. I show me 22, he shows 64o for the flopped straight and mucks.

Another hand vs. Bluff Monster:
I limp after some limpers w/ K9s, and a bunch of people see the flop of KJ2. It’s checked to Bluff Monster, who bets. One call, and I raise. It folds back to Bluff Monster, and he 3-bets. Wow. It’s the first time I’ve seen him 3-bet, but he’s so irrational I have to cal down. The other guy folds and I call. The turn is an 8, no flush draws, and I call again. Bluff Monster bets the river in the dark, which is a 3, and I call. He shows 32o for the rivered two pair (that he bet in the dark). He says some nonsense about trying to scare me, but I don’t have the energy to explain that it’s impossible to push anyone off of anything in minbet. I shrug off the beat, and laugh about getting bet/3-bet with bottom pair bottom kicker.

Some hands later:
Three limpers, including Bluff Monster, MP raises, and pretty much the whole table calls, including me in the BB w/ JTs. Flop is 789r, absolutely perfect. I lead out, two calls, Bluff Monster raises, PFR folds, three cold-calls, I 3-bet, two folds, Bluff Monster caps, and everyone calls, 5 to the turn. Turn is a brick, a 4 completing the rainbow. Instead of betting out, I check to Bluff Monster and check/raise the field after he bets and three people call. He calls, and the SB calls. The river is, of course, a 9, pairing the board (HYACHACHA). SB checks (no full house for you), and I bet, knowing that Bluff-Monster will call with anything. Unfortunately, he raises. SB folds, I throw up in my mouth and call. Bluff Monster triumphantly tables…….Q8???? Ummm, ok. I get shipped the f’ing huge pot while Bluff Monster mumbles about his “two pair.”

Monster donates to the whole table (people call him down w/ 3rd pair and their hand is good), and with his help, I’m up $250.

*****DINNER BREAK*****

Me and Jay get dinner reseating, and tell the woman that we’ve both been playing 10-20 so I can get sat at a 10-20 table when I get back instead of waiting (sneaky).

We go upstairs and go to the steakhouse in Foxwoods (I dunno what it’s called). Jay assures me this is one of the best steakhouses in New England.

Our server is about my age, 20 or so, and one of those really peppy guys who’s like WaitBot 3000 or something, with all his lines memorized (When he brings the food and we say “that looks really good” he comes back with “IT TASTES GOOD TOO LOL” as if he’d been waiting all night to drop that brilliant line). Jay orders some steak but I’m not feeling that so I go for the tuna steak over Caesar salad (healthy dinner = +EV) with a Bass Ale. Despite our waiter’s corniness, he gets points for having a sense of humor when we array our bankrolls next to our dinners to take pictures for BBV, earning him a balla 33% tip. Unfortunately, Jay loses everything (he’s on his 6th iPod), so he doesn’t have the cable to get the pics from his phone to his computer, so no delicious food pics, sorry.

Waiter: 6/10
Tuna steak over Caesar salad: Very impressive, 9/10

*****POKER RESUMES*****

With dinner reseating, Jay and I are first and second on the 10-20 list. He gets sat immediately, but I end up waiting for two f’ing hours for a player to get up from the only 10-20 table that’s going.

In the meantime I play more 4-8 and 5-10, with nothing exciting happening. I finally get called for 10-20 and take a seat. At dinner, Jay gave me a run-down of all the players at the table, and I remember his description of the angry, bitter LAGtard who’s now two seats to my left. I open-raise from MP w/ JTo, LAGtard calls and the blinds call. Flop QQT, no flush draw, SB and BB check, I bet, LAG raises, blinds fold and I decide to call him down as long as nothing too scary happens. I check/call a blank turn and blank river, and ask him “you have a queen?” “No.” I table my JT and MHIG. He mumbles something under his breath, “If you thought I had a queen why’d you call?”

The LAG is a huge [censored] and gets into it with Jay all night, trading insults. Most of this stems from Jay calling him down w/ Ace-high and winning, which monkey-tilted the LAG. He keeps saying stuff like “How can you call with that?!?!?!” when it’s fairly obvious that only a moron like him would get called down w/ Ace-high and lose to it.

After Jay owns him with Ace high and they start bickering, I decide to go after him too. So when he raises UTG+1 and it’s folded to me in the BB, I call w/ 32s.
Flop: 862r, I check and call his c-bet.
The turn is a T completing the rainbow, I check and he insta-checks behind.
The river is an Ace, which certainly isn’t my favorite card, but I check to the LAG, knowing he’ll bet the river with ATC. Sure enough, he bets, and I call after thinking about it for all of 3 seconds. He immediately looks disgusted, but that look could easily be him having 33 or a better 2. But no, bottom pair bottom kicker is good, and he resumes his monkey-tilt/whining.

Some hands later, two players limp to me and I raise w/ KcQc. The blinds (LAG is BB) and limpers call. Flop comes 9c8c2h, giving me a flush draw. It’s checked to me and I bet. LAGtard calls and one other player calls. Turn is the Qd, and the LAG donks it. The other guy folds, and I decide to call, since he’ll bluff the river again, and I think MHIG. He bets the river, which is a total brick, and I raise. He looks insanely frustrated/annoyed/confused, mumbles something under his breath, and folds.

Again vs. the LAGtard, I raise JTo from MP, he calls from the button, and the blinds come along. Flop comes AT3 rainbow, the blinds check and I bet, LAG raises and the blinds fold. It’s kind of frustrating calling down with any piece of the board, but folding any pair against this guy is suicidal. I call his raise, check the 6 turn, he bets and I call. River comes an offsuit 9, I induce a bluff (read: check), call it, and MHIG. He starts bitching about “Ace on the flop and you still call down, what a joke.”

Basically, Jay and I take turns pozzing the guy, but he sucks out against Jay on the river in two big pots, and runs sick hot all over the rest of the table, and somehow ends up winning money. Still, only based on the hands above, I took $180 off the guy. Despite this, I could’t get AK to flop a pair or my pocket pairs to flop a set if my life depended on it, so I only make $100 at the 10-20 table.

In one of the last hands, I limp after 3 or 4 other limpers w/ 96s (the nuts), and 7 or 8 players see the flop, which comes Ts9s6h, nice but scary as all hell. Jay bets out (he’s BB), two players call, another raises, and I 3-bet. It’s folded back to Jay, who calls, as does everyone else. The turn is an offsuit 4, and it’s checked to me. I bet, and Jay check/raises. One player cold-calls, I call, and begin praying for a 6 or 9. The river bricks off, Jay bets, the guy calls, I fold, and Jay announces “the nuts,” tabling his 87 and scooping a huge pot.

After a couple more orbits, we pack up our racks and cash out. I’m up $350, but Jay’s down $300, due to his running bad vs. the LAG, etc.

I had a great time, and I finally win at Foxwoods. Can’t wait to go back soon.

*****CLIFF NOTES*****

Me: +$350
My friend Jay: -$300
The trip: I eat a delicious tuna steak, Jay and I take turns pozzing a sleazy LAGtard w/ Ace-high and BPBK respectively, and I finally have a winning session at Foxwoods on my fifth trip there.

Brags: Finally win at Foxwoods, pozz a LAGtard with bottom pair bottom kicker, eat a delicious meal, my old friend Bluff Monster returns to donate stack after stack to me.

Beats: FINALLY win at Foxwoods, I only win $100 at the juicy 10-20 table, Jay loses $300.

Variance: Driving home in the scarily heavy rain, LAGtarded ATM somehow has a winning session.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods trip report for you, BBV (MS Paint + semi-NSFW)

VV solid TR.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 PM

i'll be the first...lol minbetaments

enjoyed it, though. oh and how's your face?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Nice TR, just one question -
Why not [censored] the woman at the bank quick and then continue on the trip. Think of it as like a detour to a rest stop.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM

nice TR. I liked the 32o call lol
Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 PM

96= TEH NUTS ALWAYS

PS LIMIT HOLD EM =

Old 04-16-2007, 08:49 PM

Very nice..would read again.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Good TR man! When a woman sais "Nice shoes" that means she wants to sex you, fwiw.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 PM

Holy check-raise batman is 10/20 at FW really that soft?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 AM

I love Foxwoods.