Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Suspect PF call puts me in a tough position

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black"> SB: $13.60 </font>
<u>Hero (BB): $24.65</u>
UTG: $14
CO: $17.10
<u>BTN: $15.50</u>

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red"> BTN raises to $0.50 </font>, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.25

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($1.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red"> BTN bets $1.25 </font>, SB folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $3.75 </font>, <font color="red"> BTN raises all-in to $15 </font>, Hero ???

Don't want any comments on PF. I know it was poo. Tried to play my draw aggressively and he moved in. Should I call?
was the c/r any good or should I lead out? I'm lost here
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Suspect PF call puts me in a tough position

Lead the flop or just check-call. CR is poo.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 AM

why is a c/r poo?

the size of my c/r was probably bad..probably should have made it like 5 I guess
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is a c/r poo?

the size of my c/r was probably bad..probably should have made it like 5 I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the advantage of a CR is you can snap off a cbet once in a while, and then if you hit on the turn you can make some money.

The disadvantages :

1. if he has a real hand that will pay off your draw, he can re-raise and make it too expensive for you to draw.

2. you have to check-raise pretty big to put any pressure on him so it costs you a lot and he has position which is a big advantage

3. what do you do if he calls the CR and you miss the turn? lead again? if you check it looks like a bluff line.

Basically if he has junk leading will make him fold for cheaper. If he has something mediocre he'll just call and the pot will stay smaller which is good since you have no hand. If he raises your lead you can then decide whether to shove or just call.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 AM

what range do you put OPP on that would have hit this flop? I made the check raise specifically to get him to cbet and then to snap it off. Figured this flopped whiffed him. Plus, w/ the flush and inside str8 draws, I figured even if he called or moved in, I could either take the pot on the turn (if he called) or have reasonable equity (if he moved in). Is this flawed?

I would probably move in on the turn..
Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 AM

call here your gettin good odds...about the c/r its about equal to leading i dont see whats so bad about it?? but either way im basically tryin to get AI here against most villians, our Q could even be good here...but a c/c seems a little too weak IMO