Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Should I have folded earlier or continue?

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

No reads for CO.
BB is a timid player: limp AK JJ on a couple of hands; bet flopped top pair (K and Q) but will c/c on turn/river when overcards come.

should i have folded on flop or reraised? was the turn correct or should've played differently?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Should I have folded earlier or continue?

This is a very intresting hand and probably a good fold on the turn. The CO could have anything. I wish we had more of a read here, but I assume since you have only the weak/tight read on the bb all streets seem reasonable.

I'd say on paper you should 4 bet the flop and lead the turn, there are hands he can kill you with on the flop (i.e., JT, set, 98, Q9/8) but someone with a flush draw, KQ, QJ,QT maybe even A9/8, or if he is really aggy 76 (as he's basically gutshot).

As played the turn fold is prolly good with that AWFUL turn card, your only beating KQ, Q/trash, a complete bluff and A9/8. A blank I'd have CR the turn. Eh, gotta hate that turn.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 AM

With no reads on CO, I'm at least calling the turn.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My inital reaction was to call down too, and Lord knows that I'll prolly call down with worse hands in the heat of combat. But isn't this too spewy? Your going to spend 2BB into a total pot of bout 8.5 bb by the river (with his 2 bets). Even if your good on the turn, a lot of cards can own you by the river, you are dead verses a flush and your only redraw to a set/straight is a split .

Am I being too weak here?

I really want information here on his hands too, but it's only good against him if he posts (maybe his blinds too but if he is smart he'll have tighter requirements from the blinds than a post from CO).

I think I let it go and watch him very carefully for a few hands.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually I agree with this, but here the board is so crappy I think I dump this on the turn. There isn't a lot we're going to beat but there's a hell of a lot that beats us. I think the only reasonable hand we can beat that reraises us on the flop is KQ, everything else has us in terrible shape.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:32 AM

fold the turn.

where could you possibly fold before that?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:50 AM

tyler, are you saying fold this turn because it is such a bad card? or would you fold if the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell too?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 AM

what i mean is: are you calling the flop 3-bet because you think you have enough outs?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 AM

yes, i would call down if the board did not get scarier.

the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], however, completes every draw ever and we are drawing thin or dead.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you call the turn, will you call the river UI as well? What if another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell?

[ QUOTE ]
tyler, are you saying fold this turn because it is such a bad card? or would you fold if the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell too?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for bringing that up, I wouldn't be sure what to do if turn and river brought blanks. Putting CO at 2-pair, set, or straight, I probably would've just c/c turn and river.
Would it be better to b/f a blank turn instead?