Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Bodog MFC error and constant crashes

Sorry if this has been discussed but I can't find it with search. I know these MFC errors and crashes are very common. It has been blamed on bad RAM and all kinds of things. I have it happen within a few minutes pretty routinely on both my computers. They are Dell and good units.

I really want to play there but it is unbearable. Anyone have the fix for this?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Bodog MFC error and constant crashes

i had never had any problems with bodog till recently. I have played there a lot over last year or 2 with out the software crashing.

Lately i have had 2 crashes in the last week though been annoying. However ive been able to get the software loaded up with out missing a hand.

Dunno what is causing it. But ill give a free bump but doubt there will be help for this topic.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM

My bodog client crashes about once an hour. I've noticed that the crashes seem to be loosely correlated with trying to reload your stack up to full (i constantly do this). If you try and do it at the wrong time, it will crash.

I've noticed the crashes happening sometime between the end of one hand and the dealing of the next hand. If you try to reload then it seems like that's when it crashes most frequently for me.

KoW
Old 04-15-2007, 03:22 PM

I play limit mostly and buy in large so rebuys are rare. They are even more rare since the software crashes before I have a chance to plow through a whole stack.

There is some discussion here but it seems pretty nutty that we just accept it.

http://dogwatch.freehostia.com/phpBB...opic.php?t=164
Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM

i have the same problem. i average a crash every hour or so. it's definitely related to the dogwatch software because it happens 10x as often when i run that. at one point a few weeks ago, i had an unreleased beta version of the dogwatch program while he was trying to work out the table identification problems. i went 3 days of playing and only had one crash. then got the released version and was back to MFC mania.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have the same problem. i average a crash every hour or so. it's definitely related to the dogwatch software because it happens 10x as often when i run that. at one point a few weeks ago, i had an unreleased beta version of the dogwatch program while he was trying to work out the table identification problems. i went 3 days of playing and only had one crash. then got the released version and was back to MFC mania.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reason it may be increased with the dogwatch softwware is because of increased resource use on your computer. I get the error much more often if I run a lot of programs at the same time. That lends some credence to the memory issue but whatever.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:27 PM

i hope dogware [censored] everyones computer
that and neteller have ruined a great site
Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 PM

I also crash once every 90 minutes or so...except I only play tourneys and don't run dogwatch.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 PM

Several months ago it was very stable. the last few weeks it has been once a night but usually I get back on before being timed out. Actually if you are in a hand you get more time and I always get back.
I run no extra software. I have been re-starting my computer to clear the cache but it has not helped.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 AM

I seem to remember this problem starting somewhere in November or December. Didn't really keep track.

So far it has only happened to me when I have 2 or 3 tables open at once, and one table will seem to 'get stuck' and when I try to act on the other table it crashes. No particular pattern to when or why... some nights not at all, other nights, EVERY time I have two tables open. I have had to leave a good cash game when in the late stages of a tourney to avoid missing hands.