Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 PM

Default TPTK Deep on draw heavy board vs decent player NL25

Villain in this hand is an aggressive 24/21/4 player. I'm playing 21/16 and we're both trying to play against the fish stations in position. Earlier he raised the button and extreme station in sb called, i repopped to 3.5 with 99 and he shoved allin with AK, fish insta called with KTs and i folded. That's how he doubled up.

I'll post the results of this hand later and what i did on the turn. Curious as to how you guys would react to his turn bet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

NukeDaWhaleZ: $16.05
OnTiltMan: $29.15
<u>FishRoller: $50.80</u>
bigfish5000: $29.75
<font color="black">udontnopoker: $9.45</font>
<u>HANABI: $51.10</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> HANABI is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">FishRoller raises to $0.85</font>, bigfish5000 folds, udontnopoker calls $0.85, HANABI calls $0.85, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.90) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">FishRoller bets $2</font>, udontnopoker folds, <font color="red">HANABI raises to $7</font>, FishRoller calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">FishRoller bets $10 </font>, I.... ?

When 8h came on the turn he bet out very quickly
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: TPTK Deep on draw heavy board vs decent player NL25

I would reraise PF. Fishroller is raising a lot, even UTG, and the fish is calling with a lot (ie this is a typical squeeze play spot). I'd also probably just call the flop. YOu have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and you can maybe get him to bluff again and control the pot size. I would call the turn. It doesn't look like he has a very strong hand. Maybe like KQ/spades/QJ, I think 3-bets the flop with a set or big draw. So I call and figure out what to do on the river.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Well, this is the type of hand i wanted to play a pot with position rather than try and squeeze, i'd rather reraise with 73o here. If i raise, hes folding whatever weaker hand he has, might call with some better ones or even come over the top. He's much much more likely to either fold to my reraise or come over the top, rather then call with a weaker hand. The fish is going to fold 90% of the time since hes usually just calling preflop raises with total garbage.

As for the turn, I actually put him on exactly the type of hands you described, i called, the river was a 7s, and we both checked, he had KQo
Old 04-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Yes, only hands you're really scared of here are JT, T9 and J9, all of which a 24/21 player probably wouldn't raise with UTG. I'm making the same read: KQ, KJ or a set. I think you played it fine.