Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Ask Sixes anything . . .

It's Saturday and I'm bored. I have not contributed much to STTF in the last few months and will take some time this weekend to field some questions poker and non-poker related.

I will be an open book about most things going on in my life so fire away . . .
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Ask Sixes anything . . .

where do babies come from?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:11 PM

Whats the best site to play low-limit sit and go's?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where do babies come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

They come from June 2001 when you're house-sitting* and a boring show about pirates is on the Discovery channel. You're boning your wife without protection and you think to yourself, "Ahhh, why not?"

*The couple I was housesitting for went to Hawaii for a funeral. I like to think that this story proves the Circle of Life.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Non-poker: Your health the past couple of years hasn't been all that great. What have you done recently to change that and how is it going for you?

Poker: How do you combat the mid-game doldrums of 15-18bb with 6-7 players remaining?

Thanks for doing this. Maybe I'll be funny later in the thread...... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Slacka
Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the best site to play low-limit sit and go's?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to low-limit SNGs is paying the lowest % of rake possible and finding 10 player tables. Anything with 9 players and rake over 10% is horrendously difficult to beat. A player is better off taking a flyer at the $11s with $100 then grinding out the $3.40s. $100 is pretty replaceable . . . and if it's not, you should be doing something else with your money anyway.

3 tabling $11s > 10+ tabling $3.40s
Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 PM

How hard is it to go from mid level SNGs to low level cash?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Non-poker: Your health the past couple of years hasn't been all that great. What have you done recently to change that and how is it going for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started exercising. I have a 35 pound kettlebell that I throw around every day. I don't drink anything other than water. I don't eat fast food, or go to Hooter's or IHOP with you anymore. When I am stressed I go outside and start walking. I joined a boxing gym. My XXL shirts look ridiculous on me. None of my pants fit, and all my belts are too big.

[ QUOTE ]

Poker: How do you combat the mid-game doldrums of 15-18bb with 6-7 players remaining?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play more than one table, so there really aren't any doldrums for me. With 15-18 BB I am still playing tightly looking for opportunities to take chips from those who aren't.
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for doing this. Maybe I'll be funny later in the thread...... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Slacka

[/ QUOTE ]

NP
Old 04-14-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How hard is it to go from mid level SNGs to low level cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a different game. I have discussed this phenomenon with many people, but I don't play as disciplined in cash games as I do in SNGs. I think it has to do with the fact that monetary rewards are given in each and every hand of ring games, whereas in tournaments the money is not distributed to the end.

The premise of both is the same. Take money from other people making mistakes. If you have the nuts on the river, go all-in, people love to call all-ins.

Set aside 8 buy-ins from your 'roll for whatever level of cash game you want to play and allow yourself an hour or two a day to play cash games. Allow yourself to move up buy-ins when you have 8-buy-ins for the next.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 PM

I know that wisdom comes with age so please drop some knowledge on me being that I'm only 21. What do you think I should be doing with my money? Should I be be really cheap in my early and late 20's and just save or should I just spend most of it? Do you have any advice or tips for living life in all aspects. What are some of your motto's in life? How can I find happines? What do you think about things you fear? Do you avoid it or it's better to face it?

I am thinking about going to Japan in the summer but none of my friends want to go. Should I go anyway even though I don't know anyone there or know how to speak any Japanese?

You know the motto live every day like it's your last I feel like I'm not doing that at all. I tried doing it for one day and got so tired. I feel like a old man because the people at my age like to go clubbing or party I feel like going to sleep at 12. Is there something wrong with me! When I was younger I felt like everything was more fun. Every little thing amazed me. My group of friends became so boring we do nothing new. We don't like to go clubbing or party much. All we do is eat at restaurants and go watch a movie. I feel like there is nothing to do in San Francisco. We use to go bowling but it's so boring to us now. That's why I feel like traveling and meeting new people.