Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Did I extract the most bets here? (Trips on flop)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) handconverter.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has As Ah (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero has Ks Qc (three of a kind, queens).
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>
Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Did I extract the most bets here? (Trips on flop)

Raise it up pre-flop, call the 3-bet, lead the flop, lead the turn, lead the river.

Unless villain is an idiot you probably lost .5 BB by not raising pre-flop, maybe a whole one.

Oh, welcome to the forum, don't post results.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 PM

I probably raise the flop. You've probably got some gutshots out there. And def raise preflop.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah looking back at this I should have raised preflop, although I think KQs would be ok to call here as its a great multiway hand? Also was I correct to go for the over call on the flop? I'll make sure I dont post results in future.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 PM

No I wouldn't call the flop I would raise. Everyone at these levels plays the call-flop, raise turn line with trips. If you raise the flop they are less likely to give you credit for the Q.

I raise preflop with this and KQs becuase you still get callers with much worse. Yes KQs is a slightly better multiway hand but it has far to much strength to just limp it.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 PM

its fine... honestly as long as you dont fold and your the last aggressor by the end of the hand its all pretty ev neutral
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Raise KQ pre-flop. I don't mind the call on the flop because you may get the overcallers. Turn and river good.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:47 PM

You could have got more. I raise KQ preflop and call the eventual three-bet, but if that happened, who knows if MP1 or SB comes along for the ride. But even if one of them stay around you're looking at a 9 SB pot instead of 8.

Your best bet on the flop is to again raise. Nobody gives credit for trips to someone who raises on the small-bet street. Even if Villain shuts down and check/calls the rest of the way, raising the flop instead of the turn costs you only .5 BB, but has the potential to start a war if Villain puts you on something like KK or JJ. If he three-bets again, then you just call and pop the turn.

So in a perfect world you could have had 12 SB preflop + 6 SB on the flop + 4 BB on the turn + 2 BB on the river = 15 BB.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:50 PM

I raise preflop with this hand most of the time, even UTG, at most tables.
I reraise on the flop, also. Since BB didn't reraise or raise you on the turn or river those streets look alright.