Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Default WON\'T SHOW HAND AT SHOWDOWN

There's usually one in every game. At showdown, he turns up one card, expecting to get the pot. In this session, there are three of those types. One is on my left. -- "Turn up your cards" -- Time being wasted for hours, prompting them to show (winning) hands at showdown.

Then comes some real PAYBACK! It is last card action, between player on my left and another player. Opponent bets. Player on my left CALLS the bet, looks at his hand, and I can see his pocket Aces. There is one Ace ON THE FLOP ITSELF. Player on my left squeezes his cards and mucks. I asked, "Why did you muck"? Player responds, "He had two pair, I had pocket Aces". I said, "O.K.".
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: WON\'T SHOW HAND AT SHOWDOWN

Caesars tourney today... Two guys end up all-in preflop. Dealer says "turn 'em over, guys". They look at each other. "Let's see 'em" repeats the dealer. They look at each other. Finally one of 'em says "I called you."

JUMPIN' JAHOZAFAT, guys, could you be any nittier? You're both gonna show the cards before anything else happens so how can you possibly care who turns 'em over first?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caesars tourney today... Two guys end up all-in preflop. Dealer says "turn 'em over, guys". They look at each other. "Let's see 'em" repeats the dealer. They look at each other. Finally one of 'em says "I called you."

JUMPIN' JAHOZAFAT, guys, could you be any nittier? You're both gonna show the cards before anything else happens so how can you possibly care who turns 'em over first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching on TV you see this exact situation so many times. I've screamed at the TV more than a couple of times...it's a problem for me.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JUMPIN' JAHOZAFAT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 PM

X-Mas Eve (about 4AM-12PM) at the Morongo, this happens at the 1/2NL a few times. One dealer says during one of these staredown sessions "Someone turn over a whole hand or the hand's dead." He was greatly tipped.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy looks pretty nitty to me.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:37 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think the caller is wrong here at all..any time this happens, it's always the bettor's fault