Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 11:47 AM

Default final table

final 5 of 40+ man tourney. $40 buy in local bar league. I have been crushing the competition since I have found this little league. Even my wife is making money and she is still very new, has alot to learn.

Down to 5 and I was short stacked in the bb. The blinds were 3000/6000. I only had 15000 left utg shoves. I have J7. Was it really that horrible. They were saying, "jack rag, you called that much more with that." He had A4 and I hit my J. Then I knocked another guy out in a similar situation I was bb, but after the double up and a couple more pots I have a decent stack but he is short. I call his all in with K8 out of my bb. He had 74 and said, "dam don't you lay any hand down." it was only 10,000 more to call. So 10,000 to call into a 20,000 pot.

When he showed A4 I said great that is what I hoped for (as opposed to a monster), his response, "you hoped to be behind?" Then I tried to explain pot odds vs. my hand to his and being approx. a 3-2 dog and he said they have nothing to do with one another. God I love that tournament. I am up over $1000 net profit in only 10 tournaments. Jesus I wish I found this one sooner.

Plus, you have to take a shot and not wait for AA with 5 left right.

Funny thing, I know I am still learning and could be doing better but of the 10 I have cashed 4 times, final tabled one more. Bad beated 3 (it happens) and the other 2 I messed up bad with under 16 people or I would have final tabled. I plug some leaks and I should make even more money. LMAO.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: final table

[ QUOTE ]
Then I tried to explain pot odds vs. my hand to his and being approx. a 3-2 dog and he said they have nothing to do with one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your only mistake IMO. Nice brag post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sherman
Old 04-13-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: final table

BBV?