Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:15 PM

Default anyway i couldve stacked him

villian is rather straight foward player that will take stabs on the flop, but generally give up afterwards. he is the CO with about $20

i suppose look like jamie gold during the WSOP. ive been calling raises with just about anything. the table knows this and most of the players freeze when they miss a flop when i'm in there.

i'm in the small blind with k9d and have about $75

blinds are .10/.25
folds to CO who makes it a $1
hero calls
BB calls (short stacker with >$10)

flop k94 with 2 spades
sb checks, bb checks, CO raises $2.50, hero raises all in, sb folds, CO goes to the tank a little then folds

after folding villian asks if i had q-10s

so questions are:
1)What do you put him on?
2)do you think villian calls a smaller reraise and push on a blank turn
3) if he does call, do you think it's better EV then the pseudo-allin-draw reraise

my geusses
1)i got him on pocket J's with the J of spades or AJ with the J of spades (after the hand i guessed this but i thought his range is any 2 big cards during the hand)
2)yes then no (unless he has at least kq and he folds that a lot 2)
3)i obviously think not otherwise i wouldve done it
Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: anyway i couldve stacked him

What are you doing?

Fold pre-flop.
Why are you raising a $2.5 bet to like $70 in like a $5 pot.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Jeez, why raise so much?................ even though your risking only $20, effectively that is a 70BB reraise

sorry, but this story could have ended with:

Villain flips KK or 99 and wins .... with your question being "Anyone else betting this hard?"
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 PM

poorly played pf and post flop imo
Old 04-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Fold pf and pot flop plz
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, why raise so much?................ even though your risking only $20, effectively that is a 70BB reraise

Villain flips KK or 99 and wins .... with your question being "Anyone else betting this hard?"

[/ QUOTE ]

it's very, very unlikely he has me beat here. from him, i'd expect a limp with 4's. if he has the only 2 remaining k's or 9's im not getting away anyway

i put up the massive raise to rep the draw. since i could not have the king and the draw, i thought villian might make a tough call with one pair. villian has seen me do this kind of play more than once with draws. villian has only seen me lead out and slowplay with good hands

also, enough about folding preflop. i wanted to maintain my jamie gold type image b/c it was winning me money
Old 04-12-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's very, very unlikely he has me beat here. from him, i'd expect a limp with 4's. if he has the only 2 remaining k's or 9's im not getting away anyway

i put up the massive raise to rep the draw. since i could not have the king and the draw, i thought villian might make a tough call with one pair. villian has seen me do this kind of play more than once with draws. villian has only seen me lead out and slowplay with good hands

also, enough about folding preflop. i wanted to maintain my jamie gold type image b/c it was winning me money

[/ QUOTE ]

so you just posted this to show how good you play?

again it was horrible pf (especially because of the reasons stated) and post flop...

btw, who is jme goal?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you just posted this to show how good you play?

again it was horrible pf (especially because of the reasons stated) and post flop...

btw, who is jme goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

i called b/c villian didn't need premium cards to raise, i had a big chip stack and because i thought i could outplay him on post flop regardless of position

i didn't post this as a brag. perhaps you should provide some reasoning rather than just criticize
Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Your stack size doesn't matter only effective stack sizes matter. Playing a probably dominated hand OOP is hugely -ev. Bluffing OOP is pretty difficult aswell