Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Jigsaw: The Game (idea thread)

So I'm thinking of trying to make the role of Jigsaw into it's own game. I'm imagining the game would have 2 evils, Jigsaw himself and then an apprentice. I don't know if there would be any other roles besides villager/captive/whatever. There would probably be puzzles involved, but I'm not sure in what capacity.

I think something based on the character from Mish Mash would be good, but I don't know how well it would work basing a whole game around it. How could I make this game fun/fair? I'd appreciate any comments and/or/ideas.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Jigsaw: The Game (idea thread)

I've always wanted to some type of game with a "super-wolf" that would be able to make a lot of kills, both during the day and at night. Seems like it would fit in will with your small amount of evils.

For instance, in a game with 22 villagers and 2 bad guys, you let the bad guys kill 1/3 of the villagers + 1 every day, with, say, a villager kill possible every 2 hours during the day.

It'll be a little frustrating for the 1/3 of people who signed up to be killed the 1st day though; maybe a flat 3 or 4 kills a day would be better.

You could also make it so that the bad guys get extra kills if they satisfy some requirement, like getting a good guy to quote one of there posts, or respond a certain way. I'm not sure how you'd combat AFK'ing in this manner though.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could also make it so that the bad guys get extra kills if they satisfy some requirement, like getting a good guy to quote one of there posts, or respond a certain way. I'm not sure how you'd combat AFK'ing in this manner though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simple - make certain villagers being AFK a condition for extra kills obviously
Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 PM

i love the concept, cant think of how to implement it tho
Old 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM

I think this would have to be less werewolf, and more a puzzle/adventure/problem solving game. I kinda have an idea what I mean, but I have a pounding headache and can't articulate very well.

In my mind, this would basically be a mystery game, where the group does not contain Jigsaw. Jigsaw would be the Mod, giving out clues. As people get captured, they would have a private thread (remember those? oh, time warp, how I miss thee) with different or additional information. They'd then have to try & escape to pass that on, etc.

The group would have to try & put the clues together to find Jigsaw. This would have to be some sort of fictional character / location built in to the game
Old 04-12-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Simple - make certain villagers being AFK a condition for extra kills obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea. Also, you could give certain villagers a condition that if they can engage other posters in a certain way, they end up with a protection or seer peek (probably would be more fair to give them a random villager peek though).

For instance, Jigsaw could have a condition to get extra kills for every 1/4 of villagers with less than 10 posts or 30 words.

Also, villager HBE could have a condition where he is protected against one kill by Jigsaw if he gets Jigsaw or the apprentice to use his name in a post.