Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Default UB 2/4-5/10

No table selection usually, currently on a 100bb downswing. Have lost some huge pots to some 2-6 outers that doesn't help.
Almost seems every turn c/r is at least two pair or better. Not much semi-bluffing going on and I maybe calling down a bit weak vs some opponents. Also going to stop 4 tabling ...ie last night playing 4 tables with avg 32/18.

hard to pass up the pts for cash/rb/bonus but the games have been horrible and running bad vs tags/lags is not fun.

Anyone care to share experiences at UB.

Time to move to No-Limit yet?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: UB 2/4-5/10

I play UB at times. From 5/T and down.

The games seem extremely Laggy so 100BB downswing is what? A bad run over 45 minutes?

With table selection I usually have no problems finding 3-4 tables with a nutjob to my right. But yeah, the swings can be brutal.

Rake is low. Points for money is good. RB is good. Software is outstanding. (Bla bla nice site.)

The only reason UB is not my main site is the lack of games. Comparing to Party, AP, Stars and Full Tilt its the site I prefer the most.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM

"Time to move to No-Limit yet?"

I tried to play a whole month of JUST limit poker and yesterday i took a break to play with donks at NL.

100BBs is really nothing I'm sorry. I play a little higher but have had 3 100+ BB swings this month at least.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM

I know 100bb is no big deal (probably closer to 150bb in the last week)Probably more frustarting is just the time spent grinding to slowly lose 150bb.

Honestly haven't tried much NL but man does everyone make it sound so much easier nowadays compared to 6max limit.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know 100bb is no big deal (probably closer to 150bb in the last week)Probably more frustarting is just the time spent grinding to slowly lose 150bb.

Honestly haven't tried much NL but man does everyone make it sound so much easier nowadays compared to 6max limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because they play .10/.25
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM

so ur saying the higher NL games are becoming more difficult too
Old 04-12-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

online poker, while still being very good, got much tougher in general. You can find great NL games, you can find great limit games. All I'm really saying is that people don't give their money away like they used to, you have to take it. And that most of the people who post on the site that mock limit are micro nl players.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have started playing NL. My only experience so far is with Party NL50 and NL100, but here is my take on it.

- At NL50 you can make $8-$10/100 hands including rb and VIP value. This compares to a good 2/4 player.

- The game selection is better

- The variance compared to winrate is more apealing, albeit higher in absolute terms.

- Its easier to multitable. 8-tabling 6max with around 800 hands pr hour is not a problem.

- NL spells BOOOOORING!

I can still find great 5/T and T/20 limit tables, but if the choice is between 2/4 FL and NL50 or 1/2 and NL25, I will play NL anytime. It is much less frustrating!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM

First time ever running bad?

UB: Overaggressive calling stations. Overaggro-They've never heard of a free card. Callingstations-can't lay a hand down when obviously beaten. Adjust accordingly.

b
Old 04-23-2007, 01:19 PM

still trying to adjust..currently over -250bb downswing..worst in my short 2 year career...guess variance hasn't been too rough on me in the past. $ wise the downswing hasn't been terrible due to RB/bonus/pts but my confidence has taken somewhat of a beating. My PT isn't working correctly for all the hands but suffice it to say I've lost over half the time with trips, straights and lost 4 big pots over the weekend to runner runner boats to my A high flushes. Don't want this to be bbv as we have all ran bad at some time or another. Anyone have some stats at +2bb/100 or even +1bb/100 at 3/6 or higher at UB? Going to move on to some other sites until I build up my bonus $. Poker has been very good to me as a side income as my wife and I make a nice living so everything extra is cake....Going to keep chugging along but going to reduce my hours some and play fewer than 4 tables.