Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 AM

Default fullhouse

100-200nl on FTP

villian is Jinskop. we are playing on 4 other 50-100 tables at the time and we have built some big stacks on those tables. we view each other as solid tough TAG winners I guess who are capable of making moves occasionally.

on this hand though I think it's basically impossible that he is "making a move" so the real question is does he ever shove something worse for value and if not how the hell do I click fold with a fullhouse?????

I raise button a lot vs him and he adjusts pretty well by reraising to 11bb with wide range and cbetting lot of flops when he whiffs too
I limp occasionally with weaker hand and haven't pulled a limpreraise on him yet this session but probably have in the past mostly with the goods. He doesn't really pound my limps too wide I don't think but that's not important. Just listen to this hand.

I limp button with 63 he checks in BB effective stacks approx 25k

flop : 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
(400)
he bets 400, I raise to 2000 he calls

turn : T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
(4400)
check check

river: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
(4400)
He bets 3,000
I rais to 8,000
He shoves for stack approx 15,000 more to call
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: fullhouse

There is only one likely holding that beats u and that is 73. I was railing ur games and he was pretty solid but i would have a hard tieme folding. 89 clubs he would have repopped on flop, and i believe he would have raised 77-66-tt. Tough one to lay down, but yet again i am a station...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 AM

ez fold grim
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 AM

ez fold?? I think the guy has Ace-4 of clubs, obvious not 7's full
Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 AM

I dunno how freakin crazy good you guys are but it doesn't really look like you have a flush or a boat here very often. thus he could be making a play if he's aware of this

of course, he could also be shoving a boat down your throat

as played, no, i dont think he's shoving a worse hand for value. his range is probably monster/air but i dont see any possible way for him to get to the river with air as the hand played out

this is Newb1e for the old party poker 10/20 days right?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:04 AM

good thing you're a faucet
Old 04-12-2007, 04:54 AM

youre seriously contemplating folding a fh heads up for 125bb on a 3 flush board? i dont see how you can rule out high flushes value shoving here. folding this seems really bad.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 AM

this is Newb1e for the old party poker 10/20 days right?

I didn't know that - I should ask him sometime.
People really think he's capable of shoving a flush for value? It would have to be at least ace or king high but I figure he is raising A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] preflop like always as well as 33, 66, 77, TT.

73 seems most likely. T3 I think is pretty unlikely given flop action though I may have written the hand wrong and the suits may have been different making it possible to have T3s for pair+fd on flop.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 AM

umm i know a lot of people here do not raise 77 or whatever preflop, ruling them out is pointless. and almost every good player I know will definitely not shove with the nut flush here on the river given the flop and turn action. If you can agree with me here, then you can understand also that your hand is equal to 99. its a fullhouse but understand what its actual value is
Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 AM

no my hand is not equiv to 99 because i beat a flush. thats why i originally raised his river bet to 8k hoping to get called by flush.
but yeah i agree w, strass that this is like almost never a flush and if it is its gotta be A high but I figure he is raising that preflop liek 95% of the time so i can almost rule that out.

and strass i dont believe you that any sucessful 100-200 player doesnt raise 77 preflop