Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Default NL50: flopped flush in limped pot

Villain is 38/8/1.5. Don't really see any other way to play this but... thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($28.95)
Button ($81)
SB ($138.75)
Hero ($59.20)
UTG ($33.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG folds, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($9.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.75</font>, SB calls $6.75.

River: ($23) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $35</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $70.25
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: NL50: flopped flush in limped pot

yuck...so sucky...but i think im going to call here to look him up and to defend my hand...could easily be 108 etc...
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Flop and turn look fine if you think villain might have the As, Ks, or Qs. The river fold is questionable, but I think villain is check/raising you on the turn if he boated up with a set.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Fold on river is terrible. Villian can be check raising here with trips (I've seen it before). Plus, if villian has a boat, don't you think he's going to to raising AI here?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:08 PM

Hero Calls......... Op could have been waiting to make sure a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] didnt hit with his AT/QT
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think villain is check/raising you on the turn if he boated up with a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard NL50 donk play is to flatcall/check behind/etc on the turn when you hit your draw then come to life on the river. I had enough hands with villain that I felt he wouldn't c/r the river with anything less than a small flush more than 10-15% of the time. I agree that it could be a bare T but from this villain that was very unlikely.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think villain is check/raising you on the turn if he boated up with a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard NL50 donk play is to flatcall/check behind/etc on the turn when you hit your draw then come to life on the river. I had enough hands with villain that I felt he wouldn't c/r the river with anything less than a small flush more than 10-15% of the time. I agree that it could be a bare T but from this villain that was very unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you are coming from with the made draw theory, but this is moreso with flush and straights. If you are showing aggression on this kind of a board, villain would likely raise the turn here. Even if we assume our villain is a thinking player and that he is smooth calling the turn, we'd then assume he would be smart enough to value bet the river.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM

Non nut flush on a paired board facing river C/R = FOLD ...

After all the aggression you have shown I do not see villain bluffing the river with ONLY trips...If I had to go out on a limp I would say villain held precisely KT with the K of spades..
Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Villain definitely plays a set way more aggressively on three flush flop.

He might have a higher flush here. Check/call on the turn looks more like he's scared of it rather than trapping you. But keep in mind you're getting around 3:1 on your money to call the raise. I can't fold for that.