Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Is my brother SOL?

I made a post about this in the internet bonuses thread, but didnt really seek any advice there. My brother signed up with Paradise through my referral on one of the free iPod sites. When he submitted the signup claim, they came back and said that he was signed up under another affiliate and couldnt get tracked (and thus couldnt get credit). I know for sure that he didnt signup through anyone but the referral site since I was on the phone and walked him through his signup. I'm sure it was cookie related problems (strange though since he never has really gambled or played poker online, so I have no idea how he would have a Paradise Poker/affiliate cookie on his computer). I know that he should have cleared his cookies before he signed up, so please dont tell me to do that in the future.

The referral affiliate told him to email Paradise affiliates, and when PA replied, they said, sorry, we cant change your affiliate tracking. Do you guys know if this is true or is Paradise just jerking him (and me since i referred him) around? It seems like a crappy business practice by the sites not to get the referral to the correct affiliate, or maybe the sites dont care?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Is my brother SOL?

if he had a previous account there paradise is doing nothing wrong. doesn't matter whether or not he signed up with an affiliate.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:41 PM

He never had a Paradise account, nor had he ever even tried to sign up for one. The only poker/gambling account he had open was a Party account that he signed up for directly with party.

The only reason this is any sort of an issue is that he doesnt play much, so to have to clear another sites signup bonus is a hassle for him.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:04 AM

Come on, some one has to know if they can change your affiliate tracking at Paradise.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:19 AM

Paradise sucks, don't affiliate for them!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:55 AM

Yeah I think the problem you are having with not getting responses has to do with the fact that nobody here is an affiliate with Paradise.