Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is thie Leatherman brand new or used?
Brand new 4 2.99%
Used 130 97.01%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2007, 03:53 AM

Default A river decision that might be easy

4 handed Stars 10/20 game. This hand comes up.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ...

Reads: Villain in this hand seems to play pretty straightforward. I don't think I've ever seen him bluff and he seems to play a passive straightforward game. In fatc, I'm not even sure I should 3bet 66 in the SB here against him, but let's not worry about that. I've only played about 25 hands against him this session (and he's done nothing out of the ordinary), and I've played several hundred hands (at least) against him before, but I don't have any specific recollections or any notes made on him. Even if he raises a flush draw on the flop, I'm not sure he fires three barrels because he's just not very aggressive. But that's just my feeling, as I don't have any specific hands in mind that I can point to on this.

Edit: Preflop is certainly questionable in terms of 3betting versus folding with UTG (terrible) in. Commentary on all streets is welcome, but I am particularly interested in the river decision given how I actually (possibly mis)played this hand.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: A river decision that might be easy

Not a fan of pf unless you think UTG will often fold.

Postflop looks very standard to me. No way would I consider folding this river, even with your read.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Postflop looks very standard to me. No way would I consider folding this river, even with your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah nothing else much to say about this one. Whether I 3bet preflop or not is largely dependent on whether the limper will fold or not. If we somehow knew the limper would fold every time, then I believe it would be correct to 3bet with 22's.

River is a call. I'm not gonna say its a close call or an easy call. Its just a standard call for me.

Also SweetJazz, you said something about preflop being close between 3betting and folding?? You meant 3betting and calling right?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also SweetJazz, you said something about preflop being close between 3betting and folding?? You meant 3betting and calling right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I typo a lot and don't always proofread carefully.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah nothing else much to say about this one. Whether I 3bet preflop or not is largely dependent on whether the limper will fold or not. If we somehow knew the limper would fold every time, then I believe it would be correct to 3bet with 22's.

River is a call. I'm not gonna say its a close call or an easy call. Its just a standard call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why this call is standard for you? I thought it was an easy fold given hero's read. This type of player is almost always giving up on a fd or big overs here, isn't he? Which pretty much leaves just 55 value betting what he thinks is your big ace calling down?

EDIT: I guess he could be playing things lower pairs that connect with the board like this, stuff like A3, K4s... is that what you're thinking?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 AM

given the description this is an appauling call down. OP has basically said "his only possible hand is set or big overpair no chance on any other hand" and everyone goes call CALL CALL...

if you disregard op's description and put in a normal player its a super easy call down. But in the context of this particular hand with this particular opponent description then its an obvious fold.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:51 PM

only thing that you beat here is some sortof suited ace that decided to get tricky on the turn... any other hand and you are probably smoked
Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM

pretty standard river call for me.

I'm also often re-popping the turn here though it sucks to get 3bet and have to call for the gutshot.