Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Heads up SNG\'s - Any way to track results?

I play heads up SNGs on the PokerRoom Network. I know PT can not keep these results, has anyone created a spreadsheet or something that can keep track of my results, ROI, etc? Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Heads up SNG\'s - Any way to track results?

this should take about 30 seconds to do by yourself.

c
Old 02-15-2006, 02:41 PM

very helpful, thanks. Maybe I should add I am not excel savvy.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Why do you need excel? Prisoner style chalk markings on the wall should more than suffice.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:11 PM

here is one idea

In excel, every time you play a tourney under column A type in something like 30-hu-pr or whatever you want to designate it as. When you are done, place a 1 or 2 in the next column (B).

off to side of this excel sheet you can count the results for this specific tourney. From the example I have, the count for 1st places in this tourney would be =COUNT(IF((A1:A10000="30-hu-pr")*(B1:B10000="1"),B1:B1000)). Hit F2 then shift+ctl+enter. It should count your 1st place as you type them in A and B columns. =COUNT(IF((A1:A10000="30-hu-pr")*(B1:B10000="2"),B1:B1000)) to count your 2nds. From there, you can multiple, divided, etc for your ROI.

Hope it works
Old 02-15-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need excel? Prisoner style chalk markings on the wall should more than suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Har de har... when youre playing about 50 a day of varying buyins, it would be nice to have a very easy way of keeping track of the data besides manually entering everything.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:26 PM

Thanks this is the kind of help I was hoping for, I am not familiar with creating Excel formulae. Unfortunately it isn't working at the moment... I have the formula as so in a cell to the right of the sheet - =COUNT(IF((A1:A10000="30-HU")*(B1:B10000="1"),B1:B1000))

I put 30-HU in cells A1:A5 and 1 in B1:B5 and the formula cell is showing 0.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks this is the kind of help I was hoping for, I am not familiar with creating Excel formulae. Unfortunately it isn't working at the moment... I have the formula as so in a cell to the right of the sheet - =COUNT(IF((A1:A10000="30-HU")*(B1:B10000="1"),B1:B1000))

I put 30-HU in cells A1:A5 and 1 in B1:B5 and the formula cell is showing 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks correct. I dont know why it isnt working. I had my buddy help me with this a while ago. are you hitting F2, then shift+ctl+enter?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM

to make things simpler, have 1 column as win, 1 column as lose, type a 1 next to each entry that applies (win or loss), have it total at the bottom of each column. have a cell at the top that will multiply the win total times the prize total and that is your "winnings", have a cell at the top that adds the the two totals at the bottom of the columns, then multiplies that total by the entry fee and you have your "invested". To figure ROI, have 1 cell near the other two at the top that divides the "winnings" by the "invested" and you have your ROI.

P.S. if you have different buy-ins that you do this with, then simply copy sheet by right clicking on tab at the bottom, check the copy box and you will have a duplicate sheet. You will only need to change the entry fee for the 2nd sheet.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM

This is a very simple way I use. Might not be cool enough. But I have a small black note book, I keep on the side of my comp. I only use three pages for HU(cause I only play $5,10,20-usually just 10's). I draw a line down middle of each page, write the buy amount..ex HU $10 + .5(at top), and then on each side of line down middle(at top) write Win on left side and Lose on right side. Then just use tally marks. It's easy because there in groups of 5 and you can just count by 5's to figure out how your doing. Then if you want to figure out other stats and such, just do the math on the following pieces of paper in your note book. Peace out!!