Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Ship\'s MLB April Parlay System

First off, let me say that I have too small of a sample size to determine success so far, but I feel that I study the o/u's and money lines enough to make some fairly accurate parlays. So enjoy, gamble, and critique my plays.

April 10th:

First off I like the NYY today at -137. Yesterday they dominated MIN, and their pitching seems to have picked it up. IMO if Pettite has enough time to help Carl Pavano step his game up, then his game must be improved. Ok, thats first level thinking but hey I've always liked Pettitte from day 1. Hes the kind of guy who practices the little things and it pays off. Bonser pitched nice in his debut for the twins, but lets face it this will be his first start against the yankees lineup. You seen how nervous the yankees made ponson last night, imagine a rookie. I don't even have to mention the hitting to make this a good play. The yankees just absolutely have no weak spots in their hitting lineup.

On to the second part of this parlay. I really like the boston red sox money line even though it jumped up over night from -180 to -195 since the pitching for seattle changed on wsex. Josh Beckett is a beast, and he definitely could have a Cy Young type year IMO. Seattle will put up 2 runs at the most including innings with relievers. Boston has a nice hitting lineup as well, although not as nice as the NYY. Jeff Weaver is hit or miss, Boston will either crush him or slightly crush him. Either way, i like the under at 9.5 and the money line on Boston.

tl;dr:

Parlay 1:

NYY ML (-137 on wsex) --> Andy Pettitte vs. Boof Bonser
BOS ML (-195 on wsex) --> Josh Beckett vs. Jeff Weaver (SEA)
BOS u9.5 (-105 on wsex) --> Josh Beckett vs. Jeff Weaver (SEA)

Current Betting Odds for this parlay on wsex: 4.10952:1

I feel confident on this parlay and will probably bet $500 at least, maybe $1,000. The only thing I need to research more honestly is the under. I will post more anaylsis of that later. If anyone has any opinions feel free to share.

*edit: current sports betting balance to answer later questions on my BR (honestly real bad, don't follow, lol...) is:

Balance: $5,664.10
Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Ship\'s MLB April Parlay System

so what's the "system"?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what's the "system"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically my strategy is to usually pick one solid play then add games that i call "odds enhancers" to it. I'm somewhat new at this, but I research the games well, and have a genuine interest in sports wagers. I am certain I can do well, so if you would like to follow my picks and comment be my guest.

tl;dr: Just bet degenerate amounts on researched nice looking parlays, and gogogogogo!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:03 PM

Pick a couple of overpriced ('public') favorites and combine them with a total play that you may or may not really like until you look at it some more in which case you may or may not double your bet so that the effective price on the favorites now result in an underdog payout. This system has been around for years. It only works in April.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pick a couple of overpriced ('public') favorites and combine them with a total play that you may or may not really like until you look at it some more in which case you may or may not double your bet so that the effective price on the favorites now result in an underdog payout. This system has been around for years. It only works in April.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha why only in April, i'm intrigued?

*edit: After looking at the BOS game some more i really like the under after all. SEA will not score more than 2 runs, and i find it hard to believe BOS will put up more than 7. Therefore I'm going to bet 1000 to win 4,109.52 net. I will watch the lines though and hopefully see them drop a little before i put the bet in.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:26 PM

I've gone that way before, and had some big success, and some huge losses when that 'big, solid' play doesn't come through or when it does and the 'enhancers' don't, I empathize with you b/c I'm an action junkie, but just trying to help.. when I look back I only did it b/c I wanted to make tons at once instead of solid BR building. Now that I have a pretty large BR I am sticking to playing SU plays. GL, if you're doing this for fun then you'll def. get a rush, and maybe a ton of money, but if you need the money then i don't think this is the best way to do it.. just from my experience dealing with different types of betting. But, good luck.. hope you do well
Old 04-10-2007, 01:37 PM

This is really bad.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 PM

I assume we'll find out your actual bet sometime in the 8th inning of the day game?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:22 PM

"haha why only in April, i'm intrigued?"

It was I that was intrigued (unfortunately) by the the title of your thread..."Ship's MLB April Parlay System".
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume we'll find out your actual bet sometime in the 8th inning of the day game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me?