Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 04:39 PM

Default JJ facing a river c/r

Villian is a 25/15/1.5 TAG. Bet the turn or check as I did? Looking back, with two spades I defiantly should have bet. I think I have been using the turn check and induce a bluff line too often. Of course the river I didn't like one bit.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.4SB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.7BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.7BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: JJ facing a river c/r

Bet the turn.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Bet the turn, check behind on the river.

With the line you've taken the river is an easy check against a TAG.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM

check the turn, check call the river. or bet the turn and fold to a raise? HU jacks have showdown value, so I'd like to see their hand, but a call on flop with an ace showing after a pfr should make you very suspicious. He probably has A2, to A7 and doesnt like your re-raise. I would call the river because I still beat K7, KQs, lower pps.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM

most of those hands u mentioned u beat would have no reason to cr the river here. even hands like K7 and lower pps would either lead the river or just ck call a bet the vast majority of the time (they have no reason to bluff like this) and missed draws usually bet the river as a bluff everytime u check behind not check-raise bluff. u can fold for sure as played, but bet the turn next time and if u dont i usually do bet the river even tho some wouldnt vs a tag (i think u get paid off by worse pairs alot after u ck the turn but i get suspicious those pair hands wouldnt just lead the river so maybe checking is best if u check the turn here).
Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 AM

I didn't say this before, but my plan was to call a river bet. However after this hand I think I will take the bet turn/check the river line more often. I just wanted to get to showdown without bloating the pot up and not knowing for sure where I stand.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:52 AM

I think you definitely take the "cheap SD" route too often if you're doing this vs. a 25vpip/1.5af Tag.