Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 03:49 AM

Default limped pot top 2 50NL

from datamined hands villain is 55/2/1.4 yes PFR 2 over 600 hands. flop is standard but id like to hear debate about the turn if any. my reasoning was if he has a lone Q then this turn is going to make him fold a worse hand so c/c is the option i went with. as for the river i decided to bet and call a raise but possibly fold to a push. not sure though.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $47.75
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $50</font>
UTG: $50
MP: $21.60
CO: $30.95
BTN: $35.15

UTG posts $0.50
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 Players)
UTG checks, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.75, 3 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50, SB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.75, 2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">River:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($8.75, 2 Players)
Hero bets $5, UTG raises to $10, Hero calls $5

Pot Size: $28.75 ($1.40 Rake)
Old 04-05-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: limped pot top 2 50NL

I don't like giving the free card on the turn since he could easily have a draw, but I like your river bet since he probably calls with some worse hands that he might otherwise check behind. His min raise is annoying since he probably has a better two pair or something of that sort, but I'd still call since the pot is pretty big at this point.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:05 AM

I see your reasoning for the turn check, but I don't think a 55/2/1.4 is necessarily going to dump Q on the turn that often ... a w2sd value would help but those are pretty donkish stats. Put another way, if I knew villian had a Q, there's no way in hell I would 2nd-barrel that turn on a bluff b/c I always expect a 55/2/1.4 to almost always call.

I prefer betting the turn since you still get value from flush draws / overcard (A high) draws and I don't think we lose that much value from a lone Q.

The river seems fine
Old 04-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Nobody folds a Q to a turn bet, LOL. Especially when they play a 55/2 game. I would bet turn, close to pot and milk this donkey. Or when he bets, c/r him and build the pot. I really hate the way you played this. WHy did you bet the river? Every draw missed, and your river action is contradictory to your reasoning for not betting the turn!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Fire turn and check-call river