Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Palm Desert Poker

I am in SO Cal and will be going through Palm Springs with my dest being Palm Desert. I have been by Morongo and had a friend who has played at Agua Caliente. I have played a fair amount at Pechanga . Is Morongo worth a stop? Any others actually in Palm Desert to try out?

I am looking to play 4/8 or even 3/6 LHE
Old 04-05-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Palm Desert Poker

I searched and came up empty here. Anyone?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 AM

I have played at Morongo a few times. If you search Morongo in this forum it should being it up.

It is a very nice resort that is like a watered down Palms, but the lage amount of teenagers is extremely annoying (it is an 18+ place).

They have all low limits: 24/,3/6,4/8, and some good NL games as well, due to the high Daddy's money factor, but be reasy for lots of Hollywooding from the teenagers.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 AM

The spa had a very small and nice poker room. I also heard Fantasy springs and 29 palms (formerly Trump 29) also have rooms but I have not played in the last two. Those are further East off of I-10.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 PM

Morongo is worth a stop for the reasons LVM stated. Fairly soft games with teenagers who watch too much T.V. poker.

Agua Caliente has a small, but very nice 10-table room that mainly runs limit games - $3/6, $4/8, $8/16 and $25/50 go regularly. They don't seem to be able to get NL games going on a regular basis - mainly weekends I understand. The crowd that plays there tends to be well-off retired types and much older than the Morongo crowd. If you're under 30-35, you're probably one of the younsters in the game. $3/6 is played with a half-kill and $4/8 is a full-kill game. Can be very soft when you've got a table full of wealthy golfer types who are in town for the weekend and are just there to "have a good time".