Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 03:10 AM

Default 10/20 KK

The BB is a 19/12/2.3 after 12000 hands. We don't have much history together, but we're often on the same tables.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: I am UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, I check.

River: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, I call.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: 10/20 KK

this seems a little FPSey to me

id bet/3bet the turn

as played, i think you should raise the river

it seems like you are putting him on a 7, and i think there are a lot of holdings he could have that would pay off a turn and river bet that you are ahead of, but i havent played 10/20 in a while

what do you put him on that he peels the flop with but folds to a turn bet with?

im not that worried about a 7
Old 02-15-2006, 03:28 AM

This is somewhat similar to this hand from MHSH posted earlier today.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is somewhat similar to this hand from MHSH posted earlier today.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a bit different for a couple of reasons, for one thing we have a read, also, i dont really know what the donk then check means from the other hand and im not really sure if i like that one, but this one i would definately rather bet

another consideration is the board, on this board, i dont really see many hands that a TAG is going to call a flop bet then fold on the turn with, the other board has gutshots, overcard possibilities and all that and villain wasnt necessarily a TAG

if he happens to have a flush draw, there is no guarentee that he will bluff the river, so we miss value there

if he has ace high or a pair, he might just call down the whole way, so we miss value there

if i was villain and i had a 7, i would c/r the flop, i think hes likely to get action from an UTG raiser, but im not villain, so i dont know what he would do

either way, as played, i really see no reason not to raise the river, and i would definately bet the turn, i dont know if its right at 10/20, but i would seriously consider 3-betting a c/r
Old 02-15-2006, 04:20 AM

Newhizzle is right. I need a gimmick account to that effect because I say it alot.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-15-2006, 04:21 AM

I like it. I play a hand like this the same way about 25% of the time.

A TAGish player tends to call the flop only with a 7, small pair, or an A high nothing - generally a Q will try to establish where they are at on the flop. Since you have little fear of free cards and the pot is tiny, you can try to induce a river bluff.

Raising the river sucks, unless this TAG is a payoff machine.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:31 AM

There is no chance a 19/12 has a hand containing a single 7 here after you raise UTG in a full game and its folded to him. His most likely hand is exactly AQ with some chance at PPs that he peeled with. Bet/call turn etc you give up a lot of value not betting turn.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:35 AM

Really? I would call here with 87s and A7s, but I play bad.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no chance a 19/12 has a hand containing a single 7 here after you raise UTG in a full game and its folded to him. His most likely hand is exactly AQ with some chance at PPs that he peeled with. Bet/call turn etc you give up a lot of value not betting turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 7 is not out of the question, AQ gives more action on the flop, and pocket pairs will consider folding the turn but will bet the river hoping for a call from AK.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 AM

well I'm like 19/14, would never call preflop here with A7s or 87s, would not checkraise flop with AQ, and would probably not peel with a PP. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

not saying checking the turn is bad (mostly because only one hand has a 5 outer) but this is auto river raise for me if I do. I think checking the turn and then calling the river is a very weak line.