Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Ed Miller Please Show us the Way - a proposal

Mr Miller NPA, I see that you have been playing party online some from your post. This is a great starting point. What about doing this for all your minions here. Go play .50/1 for a while, say approximate 5000 hands. Start with and adiquate BR for your limits and play limit holdem. Play at random games incognito in what ever shifts you would like with PT and analize the play. If you have to rebuy be honest about it and when it is done post the hand histories. Then do some more research online and write us a book about micro stakes internet poker and what you learned from it. I know you are busy and it would be a burden on you and your family but to swim in the same ocean as the rest of us struggling players might assist you in conecting with the bottom feeders. Might be ineresting to see you dismantel a 95% preflop maniac. I am not asking for a miriacle but you know Jesus gave us many, and not the one in the refrigerator.

So what do you say Mr. Miller? You could even use my party account and I will fund it to your specificiations I would even send Dominoes by your house with pizza and wings for those late night sessions.

Are you game?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller Please Show us the Way - a proposal

This is only worthwhile for him if

1. He actually wants to write a book specifically geared for micro/nano limit play.

2. He actually thinks enough people will buy such a book to make him good coin.

Ed has the skills to play in much bigger games online, so he's not getting enough $ for his time to play micros unless it's soley for research for the proposed book.

Opportunity cost and all.

That having been said I would camp out for a week to buy such a book.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 AM

Ed has the skill to play any game he wants! Some of us can not play 5/10 or even 1/2 at this time. I think that because the play in these games is different that the advice should be different. I play .50/1 and today found a .25/.50 game that I did well in. Made more money in a half hour than a bigger game for a hour.

Not only do I agree that Mr Miller will not be milking his regular cash cows his income may be deminished but he would not have to play nano for long to figure out what tweeks need to be done by us struggling players reading from books where the stakes are small but much smaller than nano but enough that it makes a big difference. He could include a disk with the book with hand replays and all. I know the whole community here and poker players in general would be thankful for such and effort.

How about it Mr. Miller? The only real internet bood out there is Internet Texas Hold em by Higler. I know you can set the new gold standard for information about entry level internet poker. You are a NPA in you own right!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:42 AM

there's doesn't need to be a book specifically about low-limit LHE. you don't want those fish reading and getting better do you?
Old 01-04-2006, 04:33 AM

Isn't this what Small Stakes hold em was made for??
Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 AM

Like all poker books they will buy it. Like most they will skim through it and be done with it. I don't like to admit it but I am a fish.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 AM

He already wrote a book about micro-limit play.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 01-04-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seemed to suit me quite well at .5/1 when I started to become a winning player. SSHE is perfect for the games you're describing!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:10 PM

FWIW:

1. I've been playing $1-$2 and $3-$6 on Party. I don't have a lot of money online, and I don't really want to add more. So I'm just going to "play my bankroll up" as it were.

2. I don't consider playing those limits a "waste of my time" at all. After all, I played live exclusively when I was a full-time pro, and multitabling $3-$6 allows you an earn greater than what I was making at $15-$30 and $20-$40 live.

3. Most of my income comes from writing now, not playing. I consider my playing to be recreational now... I don't consider myself a pro anymore. So, basically, I don't care all that much what limits I'm playing.

4. It sounds like an interesting book topic. I'm not considering it now because I'm in the middle of another book, and it's way more important that I finish that one than start another one. And I'm also not sure how big the audience would be for the book you describe. But of the poker book ideas I've heard for future projects (if I do write more poker books, which I'm not sure I will), I like this one.