Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 AM

Default canterbury riverspot

30-60 during evening session... i have tight image at this point, sb is tag, mp+1 is lag...
mp opens, mp +1 call, I 3-bet AKs in hj , sb/bb/mp/mp+1 all call
flop: KT3 rainbow, checked to me, bet, sb raises, bb/mp fold, mp+1 calls 2 cold, i call...
turn: 2, (still rainbow), sb bets, mp+1 tries to get a read off of me then finally calls, i raise, sb 3-bets, mp+1 angrily mucks, i call
river: A, sb verbally checks and says 'go ahead and bet now that you got there' - i start to tank - he says 'oh man, look at this guy hollywood, just bet we all know you are going to'...
-typically this is an easy bet, except for the strange speech, how many bet/call, bet/fold, bet/3-bet, check...? (debate on flop/turn fine also thanks)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: canterbury riverspot

check. he has 10 10 so much IMO. it seems to come down to the basic fact that a TAG cold called ur 3bet in the SB. He puts you on AA, honestly i think u can find a fold on the turn
Old 04-04-2007, 12:05 PM

I think this is an easy bet. It seems to me he does not want to make a crying call by his statement. By his actions throughout the hand it seems his likely hands are tt kq kj or possibly ak also. I guess he could have qj but that seems unlikely the way he played the hand calling 3 bets in the sb and then 3 betting turn in 3 way pot so I think that one is pretty much ruled out. My best guess would be he has kq and was just trying to protect his hand and when the ace hits the river there is pretty much no hand that you could have played to this point that he can beat hence his theatrics. Anyway, worst case scenario it will cost you 2 bets. You played this hand perfectly so far go ahead and bet it and receive the crying call.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Also, any reason u decided not to reraise flop? multiway, OOP, i feel like SB has no choice but to make his hand transparent with mp1 along for the ride.

Also please dont raise turn unless u plan to fold to a 3 bet.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an easy bet. It seems to me he does not want to make a crying call by his statement. By his actions throughout the hand it seems his likely hands are tt kq kj or possibly ak also. I guess he could have qj but that seems unlikely the way he played the hand calling 3 bets in the sb and then 3 betting turn in 3 way pot so I think that one is pretty much ruled out. My best guess would be he has kq and was just trying to protect his hand and when the ace hits the river there is pretty much no hand that you could have played to this point that he can beat hence his theatrics. Anyway, worst case scenario it will cost you 2 bets. You played this hand perfectly so far go ahead and bet it and receive the crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, no WAY sb has KQ or KJ here. ever.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Heir aparent brings up good point. He says he has tt way too much to bet and puts you on aa. Ok then if that is the case and you bet he probably won't raise you and it will cost you only one bet. Based on my personal experience with the way you described his actions when the ace popped on the river, I think it is much less likely he has tt. I think most people would go ahead and bet the tt in that spot. He can't put you on kk or you would have capped turn. So he has to put you on ak or aa. Much more likely you would have ak than aa in that spot. As for folding turn, I don't think that would be a good play in the long run.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heir aparent brings up good point. He says he has tt way too much to bet and puts you on aa. Ok then if that is the case and you bet he probably won't raise you and it will cost you only one bet. Based on my personal experience with the way you described his actions when the ace popped on the river, I think it is much less likely he has tt. I think most people would go ahead and bet the tt in that spot. He can't put you on kk or you would have capped turn. So he has to put you on ak or aa. Much more likely you would have ak than aa in that spot. As for folding turn, I don't think that would be a good play in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he 3 bet on the turn that isnt a set.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Heir aparent you say he NEVER has kq or kj here EVER. KJ may be a stretch but KQ NEVER? I see it all the time. There are a ton of people that call 3 bets in the sb with kqs and would play this hand exactly the same way. I am not saying it is correct but they do. I agree with you that yes he will have tt a lot don't get me wrong. The thing that leads more toward betting at the end is his speech. The way it was described it what swung me toward betting. Just my personal experience. I think if he really had tt he would have bet it out.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does he 3 bet on the turn that isnt a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

KT, obv. This is an easy river bet--he almost never raises you here after all that talk.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:34 PM

Also, it is a 30-60 game. I see people 3 bet kq on the turn here day in and day out. Heck, I see em do it with kj to some extent. Take Stars 30-60 for example see it often.