Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Does Anyone Play just for Rakeback?

Are there players who will play with their main goal to accumlate as much rakeback as possible? By this I mean the actual poker results are secondary to the amount of rakeback (ie., A player contiunes to be a "losing" player of $300/month, but considers this OK as he is accumulating $1200-$1500 in rakeback)?

I would think there are a fair number of players who play mainly for the rakeback.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Does Anyone Play just for Rakeback?

eh, i don't think people WANT to rely on rakeback to result in a positive month...obviously it helps, but if ur a terrible player, ur still going to be losing money overall anyway...

i honestly don't think people rely on RB as the sole source of profit, but more so as a supplement as they continue to play and improve their game...of course RB saves several months from being wastes, but i don't think that's a goal or frame of mind people take...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 AM

After reading some posts about how 12 tabling 1/2 would equate to ~$70/hr in rakeback, got me to thinking that a player could become concerned more about rb than actual poker results and I was just wondering if with this mentality someone could continue to show a profit. It seems like that answer is no.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 PM

^^keep in mind that 70/hour is for 6max, which is a much more aggressive and different game than full ring, if ur playing with the mentality that RB will bail you out in 6max and that affects ur play and not wanting to get into big pots consistently, that player will be a losing one long-term...

fwiw, yea, i agree with u, i don't think it's a good way to approach the game, but i don't think people view RB this way...