Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 04:16 AM

Default 25NL - minreraised pot, turned a set

First post, hope I didn't butcher the hand conversion.

No reads on villain.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
9 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $9.75
BB: $31.50
UTG: $16
UTG+1: $31.85
<font color="green">Hero (MP1): $29.85</font>
MP2: $25
<font color="green">MP3: $23.50</font>
CO: $10.85
BTN: $25.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $2.25</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.85, 2 Players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.85, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $4.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.75</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises all-in to $21.25</font>, Hero calls $6.50

<font color="black">River:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($47.35, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

Pot Size: $47.35 ($2.35 Rake)

His preflop reraise seemed donkish, so initially I was thinking AA/KK begging for action. What do you put people on with this silly pf reraise, at 25NL? Obv stats would have helped.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: 25NL - minreraised pot, turned a set

AK seems entirely possible. Flop check makes sense, as does the action on the turn. His preflop raise makes his range a little confusing, I think maybe AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, 88+ but not too sure about this. I think you should've bet the flop and see where you're at, reraised and you fold probably, call then you re-eval on turn.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 AM

Hard to get away from it but I think we will see AK alot here.Would he re-raise you all in with a smaller set?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM

With his all-in reraise I figured I was probably beat but I was obviously priced in. I.e. I think he's a bad player misplaying an overpair, two pair, or lower set at least 1 in 7 times.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:31 AM

Also I'm pretty sure the odds of filling up on the river alone give me odds to call the all-in. I'm more interested in what hands people put villain on with his preflop reraise and flop check. AK seems possible, for sure.