Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 04:16 AM

Default The sound of a dog not barking.

Ok, I think the inmates in the asylum, got control of the computers tonight, and they were playing on Fulltilt.

Both villians, for both villians I have small samples, but enough to decide that they probably aren't tight players.

FT 5-10 6 max.
Anyway, PFRS (Preflop Raising Syndrome) 87/25/.5 raises preflop, because his computer is still working. JPLAC (Just Plain Loose and Crazy) 42/20/2.5 Coldcalls, because he can't stand to let anyone see a flop alone. Button and the SB fold, and I'm in the BB, and still deciding what to do, and I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I call.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I check, my plan is if it gets checked to JPLAC, I will checkraise any bet by him. Well, half my plan worked. PFRS, checks, and then JPLAC checks also. Ok, now I think that I am not WA/WB, I think I am WA/CRUSHED. Either they have absolutely nothing, or they flopped a set or straight, because the insane like slowplaying monster flops.

Turn, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, PFRS checks, JPLAC bets. I call, PFRS calls.

River, 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I think that this is a beautiful card.

I check, PFRS checks, JPLAC bets, I call, PFRS folds.

Whatcha think?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: The sound of a dog not barking.

Well, I may have 3-bet PF if they are totally crazy for value.

That said, I think I like it. Since PRFS is so passive postflop, I don't really mind it, but the nuts guy just checking the flop kind of sucks.

The pot is kind of small on the turn, do you think you're good here 35% of the time (The odds on a HU calldown, I think)? Now that I type that, I have to think you could be, but it's close.

I just think you'll probably get better chances to make calldowns, and I really hate the board here.

I have no strong feelings either way, I guess.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I may have 3-bet PF if they are totally crazy for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against very aggressive players, I smoothcall a lot of stuff, and then decide what to do with it after the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
do you think you're good here 35% of the time (The odds on a HU calldown, I think)?

[/ QUOTE ]

As the hand played out, there were already three big bets in the pot.

The Aggressive guy was probably going to put in two more, and if I put in two more, that would mean I was getting 5-2 to call down. The passive guy called the turn, so I was actually getting 6-2 to call down.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 PM

I think you have proper odds on catching a bluff just by itself, and much of the rest of the time crazy just hit a 9 and you have 6 good outs.