Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 09:31 PM

Default quick question about L08 2-4

i have been playin now for a while live and just started to play online seriously last month....i have only played 2 4(about 5k hands in march)....i profited about 450 plus about 150 in rakeback...what everyones thoughts about this regarding profs, rake? is this average, below, should i be playing anyhting higher? just lookin for many opinions and comments please....i know my sample size is small, but would still like to hear feedback...also if anyone knows how to post graphs from poker tracker onto here, i would love that!!...thx in advance
Old 04-03-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: quick question about L08 2-4

2.25 PT BB/100 isnt bad (not amazing, but certainly not bad). You could certainly move up into 3/6 and 5/10 as long as you were practiciing good game selection while doing so. You can just use the graphing on PTO (a little button marked "g") and screenshot that if you wanted to post graphs, theres other software but that would be easiest.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 PM

hmmm, im not seein the "g" button on my PTO software..i have version 1.10.05 for PTO...also, i would go up using good game selection but i dont think i can handle the variance without enough buyins for the game....its such a swing sometimes....and ya, i have heard that 2.5bb is good..so i guess i wont aim for that, ill just keep playin MY game and hopefully it will pan out ok...i would like to post my graph on here, but need step by step instructions (first time), thx a whole bunch for help and reply!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 AM

is this average

Obviously it's above average - do you think a majority of players win? I'd guess it puts you in the 90th-95th percentile of 2/4 LO8 players. But that's assuming that the the BB/100 figure is an accurate representation of your actual skill (or expectation), and your sample size offers you only a very weak assurance of that.
If your BR is adequate for 3/6 I don't see any reason not to try the game and see how you like it. But I'd base my decision more on the feel of the game than PTO stats (at least those from a 5K sample size).