Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Blinds play vs Rock

Villian is a rock in this hand, Probably if non-club hit on turn I would fold this hand. How would you play it?

Party Poker.
NL Texas Hold'em Trny: 32677950 Level: 6 Blinds(200/400) - Tuesday, April 03, 16:50:41 ET 2007

UTG (14,796)
UTG+1 (3,434)
MP1 (14,796)
MP2 (9,020)
MP3 (8,580)
CO (12,412)
BTN (6180)
SB (8940)
BB Hero (7325 with) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

3 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, SB raises to 1000, Hero calls, MP2 calls;

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 2000, Hero calls, MP2 folds;

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 2000, Hero goes allin

Thanks
Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Blinds play vs Rock

I would push even without a club. It's just a plus!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 PM

i'm confused.

if he's a real rock what are you expecting to hit with KQ preflop? if i get you right it sounds like hitting a K is no good if he bets the flop, and hitting a Q is also no good if he bets the flop. if that's the case then i don't like your flop call... you can't play passively at a rock, it's asking for trouble (not that i'd raise as he's got you beat). if i get to that turn i guess i just call cause you are behind. if you hit it get the money in (including hitting a K or Q)

anyway my point is again a LAG 9T is a power hand, against a rock KQ is pretty sucky [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2007, 05:58 PM

I don't even know if you're good here. If he had a good pair like 10s or Jacks, I doubt that he would bet the flop AND the turn with the overcard and 2 flush draws. I think he has at least AQ here. He has AA, KK, QQ, AQ MAYBE KQ, I really really doubt a hand that weak considering a player limped in MP. If it was blind against blind then maybe KQ. So at best you're tying? I may have min raised him on the flop and then if he shoves, you can get away from the hand. If it wasn't a rocky player, I like your play but like you said, he's probably got you beat.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 PM

let's just say you better pray he has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's just say you better pray he has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats your best case scenario here if the guy is truly rockish. I don't think a rock fires off two with TT/JJ here. QQ-AA he would though...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:05 PM

Even calling the flop commits you as you will have put in over 1/3 of your stack. You are not deep enough (IMO) to float, and you are NOT raise/folding the flop. So shove or fold the flop. Folding would take a hell of a read since you are a favorite against a range of QQ+/AK. But if by "rock" you mean he does not c-bet w/ AK here then fold. As played the turn is no-brainer as you are getting >4-1 and only ~2.5-1 dog against AA-KK.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 PM

The t2000 flop bet was protecting a better hand than you had so I don't like the flop call. Shoveling is your only hope on the turn but you're going to have to catch. Rock or no he's calling with more than half his stack out there.

Good luck allin on your 4:1.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM

folding this in a BVB is awful, even tho SB looks real strong nobody can be that tight in a tourney where you could put them on AQ, QQ+ here.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM

I think you played it fine. It's silly to put villain on a big hand when it's blind vs. blind just because he's tight. Even rocks steal the blinds and top pair/second best kicker with a flush draw is pretty strong on the turn given your pot odds.