Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Default IT\'S AWAY (Final T-shirt stuff + update on extras)

Rest of the main orders are out. I timed myself at the counter, took around 45-50 minutes to get this batch done. Held up the PO line again.

Here's the receipts for you nits.

And here's my cat, who instantly laid down on the receipts when I laid them out.

So, all that's left for the main order is the donation. I'm going to hold off for a week to ten days to make sure we have no problems with wrong sizes, etc. I don't want to have to pay for refunds out of pocket. I'm sure that's understandable.

I'm going to Chicago Friday-Sunday for a fantasy baseball draft/UFC fight. When I get back, I'll start selling the extras. I've been thinking about selling those for profit and asking people to donate $5-10 to C, inc on their own. I'm willing to listen to counter arguments why I shouldn't sell them, and I'm definitely 50/50 on it now.

The way I look at it, is that 1) I just did a buttload of work, including dealing with a lot of retarded questions 2) if you don't think I should sell them for profit, you don't have to buy 3) I bought the extras at my own risk, I had no idea if they would sell (after the first couple days of orders, things really died down). Again, this isn't a for sure thing, but it's something I've been considering.

There will still be a tournament for at least 2 of the shirts.

I'd like to thank BBV for making this as smooth as possible (even with all the [censored] asking the same 10 questions over and over). I'd like to thank my girlfriend, Cathy, for helping me stuff envelopes. Thanks to the two guys at the post office who had to deal with our [censored] the past two days. And obviously thanks to Barry Greenstein for providing us with childish entertainment, allowing us to use his image, and for being a good guy in a business where that can be hard to find.

Um...I think that's it for now. It just started storming here real bad and my cat is hilariously afraid of storms.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: IT\'S AWAY (Final T-shirt stuff + update on extras)

BBV Hero

if i was in your position i would probably want to sell the t-shirts for profit too
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM

I have no problem with you selling them for profit and would definitely be interested in buying one myself
Old 04-03-2007, 04:01 PM

You should definitely sell the extras for profit after all of the time and energy you've put into this project so far. Thanks again Mikey!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Mikey,
I definitely think you deserve something for your efforts here. At this point those extra shirts are yours since you paid for them but I'm not sure you should be selling them for profit on here, seems like it might attract some bad blood. If people want to PM you for purchase information, we can't say anything about that, though. Maybe you can do an auction and take some sort of overhead...I don't know. We should let the mods weight in on this before you do anything, though. Thanks again for all the effort, you definitley do deserve something in the way of rewards.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mikey,
I definitely think you deserve something for your efforts here. At this point those extra shirts are yours since you paid for them but I'm not sure you should be selling them for profit on here, seems like it might attract some bad blood. If people want to PM you for purchase information, we can't say anything about that, though. Maybe you can do an auction and take some sort of overhead...I don't know. We should let the mods weight in on this before you do anything, though. Thanks again for all the effort, you definitley do deserve something in the way of rewards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%. I don't want to violate any TOS or step into some weird gray areas that sets a bad precedent for the mods to deal with.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:07 PM

That 43204 Columbus one at the bottom of the left receipt is me, woot. Proof it's coming!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely sell the extras for profit after all of the time and energy you've put into this project so far. Thanks again Mikey!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 PM

i'm fine if u want to sell the shirts for profit...again, thx for all the hard work u put into this...
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM

Is there anyway we can get a bunch of BBVers and Barry together to take a picture for this ?