Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 12:01 AM

Default Boston Card Clubs?

Hey guys. I have posted this a few times, but I am wondering if there's anything in the Boston area in terms of card clubs. I heard that there is something in or around Chinatown, but haven't gotten any more information on it.

Could somebody please give me some info? I am sure there is something around. I remember hearing that John D'Agastino plays somewhere up at the North End at high stakes games. Anybody familiar with this club?
Old 02-15-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Boston Card Clubs?

grim I am in Boston and have been searching for this for sometime also. I have asked around a great deal @ foxwoods, where I'm forced to go for live action weekly, with no positive feedback. As you know the 2 hour drives isn't enjoyable. Like you stated there must be a club located in town. If you do come across info let me know, thanks.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:41 AM

I knew of two. One was more or less a scam joint which has long since closed, and the other is very far out of the way.

In my honest opinion, as someone who has frequented the NYC clubs extensively, I can see no reason to go to great effort to find private games in Boston. The risks are higher here than in NYC, there is less gaurentee of consistent games, and Foxwoods, at 1 1/2 hours away, is not a painful enough drive to allow for an active Boston poker scene. So just play online and when you're hankering to play live make the drive... the inconveniences of the games you might find in Boston are more prohibitive than the drive to the Woods.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:41 AM

there's a game in braintree...i'm a boston n00b in case that's really far away from you
Old 02-15-2006, 12:58 AM

sorry to get up your hopes, just found out this game was busted and no longer runs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2006, 02:39 AM

See this post about Chinatown room:

Boston Poker Club

Personally, I think this place is definitely headed for a raid and would rather play online or at FW.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew of two. One was more or less a scam joint which has long since closed, and the other is very far out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

WD - can you give me any more information about these two? I have no idea where you live so I have no idea where very far out of the way is. I knew of one near central sq that is no longer around, but I never heard of it being a scam joint.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think this place is definitely headed for a raid and would rather play online or at FW

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the guys running it certainly don't keep it very hush-hush. Moreover, the rake is high on the cash games. The tournament vig is ludicrous (like 25%), but if you're just looking to donk around its fine.

They do daily tournaments, and 1/2 NL and 2/4 limit mixed, I think. They'll spread whatever, but the above is about what people want.

Note, I've been there twice.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They do daily tournaments, and 1/2 NL and 2/4 limit mixed, I think. They'll spread whatever, but the above is about what people want.

Note, I've been there twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the rake on the ring games?
Old 02-15-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the rake on the ring games?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the post, it's $4/half hour time charge.