Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Default WSOP ME day preferences?

Last couple of years, those who registered for the ME relatively far in advance were allowed to express a preference for which "Day 1" they wanted to enter. Is this going to be the case this year as well? I qualified on 'Stars as I have the past few years; the congratulatory email had some language to the effect of "we won't know until relatively late in the process which day 1 you'll be playing". I don't recall anything like this in years past; last year I was able to express a day preference immediately, and I was bought in and registered well in advance of the event.

I'm hoping that this change in procedure (if there actually is one here) isn't a result of UIGEA. Unofficially, I've already been told that Harrah's is going to be "looking the other way" with respect to 3rd party payments--but I suppose it's possible that the online sites are going to be forced to do their buy-ins at a relatively late date, and that would explain it....

..But I hope not. I'd like to be able to play on the Day 1 that makes the most sense to me, for whatever reasons.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME day preferences?

No, this was in the email from last year:

"You'll need to be in Las Vegas on Thursday, July 27th. We have already deposited $1000 into your PokerStars account to pay for your travel and incidental expenses. There are four first day ?flights? in the WSOP main event this year. Unfortunately, we don?t know which flight you're in, and may not know until relatively late in the process. Please plan to be in Las Vegas by the 27th in case you start on the 28th."

I'm sure that you will be able to get your preference of day, this far out. GL!