Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Xpost: Tax Situation

I am a 21 year old college student. I just started making "real money" playing poker this past year. About that time, I (my parents) decided that I should probably be prepared to file taxes should it become necessary.

As I won money I began to set it aside for tax season. I made about $50,000 last calendar year. Most of the momey slipped through my fingers buying massage chairs, big screen TVs, etc. However, I was careful to set aside the money I owed in poker accts and neteller. Once the legislation kicked in, it made it difficult (impossible) to get to my money.

Most of the money I planned to use for taxes was in my account on Xtremebluff.com. I have tried to cashout the remainder of my funds on XB and have had no luck. My cashout has been pending for over 2monthes now and there's no sign I'll be seeing this money anytime soon, if at all.

So all of the money that I owe the IRS is tied up with no guarantee of ever getting in my hands. I feel like the gov't has painted me into a corner with this legislation and I am going to be forced to do something illegal.

I have a few options I am considering, but will wait to hear what suggestions I get before I post them.

Cliffs notes: I have the money I owe for taxes, but have no access to it and am not guaranteed to ever see it.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Xpost: Tax Situation

you can file for an extension i'm pretty sure. also i think it's best to send them whatever money you can when it's due even if you take an extension, as you'll owe interest/fees etc.