Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Default $50 PLO. Three pair plus nut FD on turn.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB ($43.95)
UTG ($133.80)
MP ($30.45)
CO ($50.50)
Button ($48.95)
Hero ($96.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.45</font>, BB calls $1.45, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $3.55, BB calls $3.55.

Turn: ($16.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11, BB calls $11.

River: ($49.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15, Hero calls $15.

Final Pot: $94.50

Comments about the hand? I know the river was a horrible call. I'm more concerned about the flop and turn play. I think I might've made a bad call on the flop but I picked up the best turn I could've.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: $50 PLO. Three pair plus nut FD on turn.

Actually, my bad. The best turn for me would've been a queen. I guess second best turn.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM

i think the hand was ok, not bad not great - i think i would be passing on the flop, 6 outs only 2 of them clean, and calling on the river with the underfull isnt anything special, but you have to call the turn. i dont think re raising is an option here as you only have 10 clean outs.

what on earth did the BB have that he was calling down with till the river, but chose not to re raise at any point?! ah i think i got it AA??
Old 04-02-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the hand was ok, not bad not great - i think i would be passing on the flop, 6 outs only 2 of them clean, and calling on the river with the underfull isnt anything special, but you have to call the turn. i dont think re raising is an option here as you only have 10 clean outs.

what on earth did the BB have that he was calling down with till the river, but chose not to re raise at any point?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Outs assume we're behind atm, there's no way we can have 6 outs on the flop first off because the only thing that beats us right now is a set, which also requires the case 2 cards. Also on the turn we have 12 cards to the nuts and 2 to queens full.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Sorry my bad i missed the straight draw he picked up on the turn :0(
Old 04-02-2007, 12:54 PM

BB wasn't really a worry to me. I did think there was a good chance UTG had a set even though that would require the 2 case cards. He didn't seem like the type of player to me to reraise another big stack with a draw regardless of how big it might be.

What do you guys think of a raise on the turn? I think if the river blanks out, it'll be hard for a set to call, not to mention the clean outs I have. Of course, if the river isn't one of those cards, I'd be taking a big gamble out of position.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:07 PM

the only problem with raising on a board like this is im not sure you would get both players to fold given the texture of the board, and certainly if the first calls the second is guarenteed to call - what hands were you up against BTW??
Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 AM

BB had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 04-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Good calls on turn and river. No problems here.
Flop call is hard to put someone on a set since you have blockers. It's also likely someone would raise an ace high flush draw/straight draw combo here so don't always assume a set. Turn is an instant call.