Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Good Looks and Wealth Not Enough to Overcome My Personality (TR)

This is an update on this thread, if anyone is interested.

Cliff Notes: See Title

So, I reply with this email a couple hours later:

[ QUOTE ]

Dam it. I knew I spelled your name wrong. Sorry about that.

Sounds great - I'll give you a call later this week. It's hard for me to plan more than a few hours ahead, but I am pretty sure Thursday is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

To which she responds the next day (Tuesday):

[ QUOTE ]
okay, just let me know...if not thursday, maybe this weekend.

don't worry about the name, everyone does it....

[/ QUOTE ]

So far so good. I call her Wednesday -- goes straight to voicemail -- and leave her one of my classic messages where I can't remember what the hell I am talking about. For instance, I start to recite my phone # and then realize I forgot and end up talking my way through the process of remembering ("Shoot, can't even remember my #..., uhhh, oh yeah..."). Also mention to her that Thursday would be great and that I will call her tomorrow to make specific plans.

Later Wednesday she calls me back -- for some reason I missed the call -- and leaves a message telling me Thurday around 7 would be good.

At this point I am thinking things are panning out well. She seems to be genuinely excited about meeting up. Its swell that she is taking initiative to call, etc. I'm bragging to friends and figuring out where to take her and what to wear.

Some may argue that my next move is not optimal. I'm not going to righteously defend my position because it was, indeed, probably sub-optimal. I wake up around noon Thursday to give her a call (why the hell else would I bother to get up?) and ask her if dinner instead of just drinks sounds good. She agrees to this modification and we decide to meet at this restaurant I have never been to at 7p.

Dinner it is -- I know, I know...but, I was feeling super confident about this decision at time. My rationale being that I am an above average conversationalist and I always feel comfortable at a nice restaurant while drinking wine.

For the sake of completeness, I'll note that the phone conversation lasted about five minutes. She asked about me first and we talked about some other personal stuff. She seemed excited. Cool.

Ending soon to come -- let me do some actual, you know, work.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Good Looks and Wealth Not Enough to Overcome My Personality (TR)

Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 AM

OH OK LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT:

You post something with the title "Good Looks and Wealth Not Enough to Overcome My Personality (TR)" and so far the entire thing is you take her to dinner. Not just any dinner, but one you think we will find controversial? THEN YOU DON'T POST THE END
Old 04-02-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OH OK LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT:

You post something with the title "Good Looks and Wealth Not Enough to Overcome My Personality (TR)" and so far the entire thing is you take her to dinner. Not just any dinner, but one you think we will find controversial? THEN YOU DON'T POST THE END

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, wtf?

This thread sucks ass so far

Only someone as cool as bruiser is allowed to start a thread and then not finish it.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:44 AM

Continued...

So, I show up at the place at like 6:55p and give her a call. She says she is just leaving her house which is like 5 minutes away. I go in the lobby, sit down and start texting my friend to kill time. At 7:15 she shows up, gives me a big hug and apologizes for being late. I don't really care that she is late because that is how most girls I have ever known roll. She is wearing a really low cut dress -- she looks really good.

Place is sort of stupid IMO. It's a poor synthesis of a sports bar and an upscale restaurant. It feels and looks in a lot of ways like a nice restaurant, except there is rock music playing and plasmas everywhere with games on. I wouldn't go back except to the bar.

Anyways, TBH, nothing especially eventful occurred during the dinner. The waitress kinda sucked, we downed a bottle of pinot grigio and she eventually opened up to me about some problems she was having with her dad -- which wasn't anything that serious at all. We talked about tons of different topics, none too serious thankfully. There wasn't much silence and I felt like things went pretty well.

When they brought the check, I just waited until she brought out her purse to touch it. She was pretty shocked at the size of the bill, telling me all she had was a 20. That was cool with me -- she put in twenty and I covered the rest, which was significantly more.

We walked out and hugged. I knew she had to get up early for a class, so I didn't push the issue. She said we should get together again before I leave. I asked her what she was doing this weekend to which she responded that she had plans Friday, but that I should call her Saturday.

So far so good.

Then I call her Saturday and leave a brief message asking is she wants to get together Sunday. Apparently she is not interested because I haven't heard back from her yet. Based on past experience, I would put the odds at 20-1 to she ever calls.

That's that. I am dissapointed obviously, but I don't think this warrants too much of my energy. The worst part is going to be having everyone ask for updates. Maybe I'll just send them a link to this thread.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:53 AM

I'm pretty sure I've hated every single one of your posts.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I've hated every single one of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you still keep coming back for more.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:58 AM

What can I say.. the prospect of a rich and handsome douche bag getting chumped by a cute chick lured me in.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and ask her if dinner instead of just drinks sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Continued...
When they brought the check, I just waited until she brought out her purse to touch it. She was pretty shocked at the size of the bill, telling me all she had was a 20. That was cool with me -- she put in twenty and I covered the rest, which was significantly more.

<Snip>

That's that. I am dissapointed obviously, but I don't think this warrants too much of my energy. The worst part is going to be having everyone ask for updates. Maybe I'll just send them a link to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU changed the plans to dinner, and then let her contribute the only money she had to the bill.
Still confused as to why she hasnt called you back?