Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Stats

The following stats are over the past month playing at $2-$4 6max on PokerStars under the username jnfpoker. I have a thorough knowledge of poker concepts and a lack of ability in applying these concepts during gameplay. Despite my mediocrity I believe I have the ability to have a positive winrate at poker with the knowledge 2+2 has to offer.

Finally, I believe that I have not been running bad, perhaps even good. I try to exercise table selection as much as possible but still find myself feeling overwhelmed and being run over. As a result I tend to start getting overaggressive and lose even more.

Thank you for any insight provided. Please, thrash into my gameplay!

- jnfpoker
John French
Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Stats

Looks OK. It might not hurt to defend your BB a bit more.

But there's a limit to what stats can tell you, so maybe try posting some hands as well.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 AM

Ive played you a few times but i really dont remember. Sorry ill try and pay more attention next time but yeh loosen up a little in blind defense
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 AM

I play a similar style, a little bit tighter and a little bit less agreesion but it is a very marginal difference. I'm also just about break even, but with huge swings between sessions. In my case I think I have got the basics right but I still have a lot to learn postflop.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:33 AM

Welcome to the Breakeven club that is Limit Hold-em these days. FWIW I have played with you quite a bit, and honestly I think you spew a lot. You come off as a LAG the times I have played you. Here are some examples:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Ac (one pair, aces).
BB has 4d 4h (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

SB has Ad Qd (one pair, queens).
jfnpoker has 5c 3d (two pair, fives and threes).
Outcome: Button wins 11.50 BB. </font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

River: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

SB has Qs Qh (two pair, queens and tens).
jfnpoker has 9s 7c (one pair, tens).
Outcome: SB wins 7 BB. </font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

BB has Jd 4d (one pair, fours).
jnfpoker has Qs Td (high card, queen).
Outcome: BB wins 7.25 BB. </font>

I don't know why the converter did that to the hands
Old 04-02-2007, 04:43 AM

Yeah I have logged quite a few hands with you Schwatt and I respect your game. You seem to get too angry at LAGs and poor play though and it appeared to be holding you back.

I didn't realise it was that bad. I think I am on perma-tilt. Well I never posted my $5-$10 stats or anything else but April 1st I dropped my bankroll massively today and I have decided to cash out and perhaps give it a go in the future.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I have logged quite a few hands with you Schwatt and I respect your game. You seem to get too angry at LAGs and poor play though and it appeared to be holding you back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my biggest downfall, LAGs tilt me horribly(see my post further down). I think you are a good player, but I question some of your moves in the hands I posted. If you could explain your reasoning, maybe I would understand.

I understand trying to take the pot away from people, but most TAGs have some sort of overcards/gutshot/backdoor draw of some kind. I just can't understand putting in 3 bets on the flop with bottom pair and 2 broadways on board. Maybe that's something I need to learn how to do, I never thought about it.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Get to showdown more.

From your stats, you seem to be playing weak tight defending your BB.

You are probably stealing WAY too much (53o, dude?) The main error players make at 2/4 is calling too much. If you are raising with horsepucky, they are no longer making an error.

Given your raw stats, I'm frankly surprised that both you and Schwatt are breakeven, rather than at least marginal winners.

Given the problems with the LAGs you guys have mentioned, my main advice is don't try and out aggro them. Where you get yourself in trouble is when you get into pissing matches. Let them bet your medium strength hands for you, they'll give you their chips, when you try and 'take' them, you are playing their game, not yours.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 PM

i should mention that i have about 600 hands logged on you, and for the most part you seem decent. however, like Schwatt i have noticed the occassional spewy moments. (one example was when you 3 bet bluffed a turn c/r, and then fired on the river with no pair/no draw. almost no one is folding at 2/4 after c/r'ing the turn.) of course, it's entirely possible they were due to a specific read or possibly a bit of tilt (which everyone is prone to occassionaly).
Old 04-02-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your raw stats, I'm frankly surprised that both you and Schwatt are breakeven, rather than at least marginal winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

The breakeven was not technically correct in my case. I am winning .6BB/100 over my last 150k hands, however I am just recovering from a 500BB downswing, along with dropping 1.5k at 3/6 and 5/10 that contributes to that pathetic winrate.

I was just used to crushing 2/4 for 3BB/100 last year, so my recent performance is disappointing.