Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Monitor question, please advise

i have a monitor resolution question, i'm not very computer savy so please bare with me. I like to play 2 poker games at once, never more than that, i prefer to have the 2 games top over bottom as opposed to left to right. i just read that samsung will be releasing a 30 inch monitor with 4:3 orientation . Knowing that i prefer to play my 2 games on top of each other, would the samsung with the 4:3 orientation be better for me than a 30 inch widescreen monitor? please advise. i'm gonna copy and paste the some info about the monitor below, thank you in advance for any insight you can provide me on this.

""We know, when you think 30-inch monitor, you think of a hot, massive hunk of widescreen glass, usually 16:9 or 16:10 -- not the case today with Samsung's new 30-inch XL30, which is an especially big bummer because it's LED-backlit. They're pegging it as having "123% color production", Adobe RGB support, and "eco-friendly" builds with no mercury or halogen parts. Unfortunately that's where the specs end, so those who aren't put off by the anachronistic 4:3 orientation are free to carry on obsessing as details come together on this thing.""