Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 01:19 PM

Default just joined

Playing a 17/10-13 game at full ring....What are your starting hand requirements in order to play this style at full ring? Right now i am at about 16/7 and it seems like i just cant get my PRF% up.

New to the site to and love how this has a FR forum, thanks for the input
Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: just joined

Welcome to the forum.

I think you've got it a little backwards, though. Trying to make your stats hit particular numbers isn't the way to go about it. Just concentrate on finding the right spots to get your money in. I play at about 16/8, so obviously I'm not the right guy to answer this question, but I sometimes open limp (gasp) which if you never ever do, your pfr will go up. That's assuming that you raise some of the times you would limp, of course.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:42 PM

17/10-13 seems pretty good to me but others who play higher will know.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:38 PM

i never understand people who want there stats to be a certain number. i play tight sometimes and sometimes loose depending on the opponents, at FR games at the mo, i'm playing 25/12 because my opponents seem to be quite passive and i'm naturally agressive. the numbers on their own mean nothing (well said buddha)
Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i never understand people who want there stats to be a certain number. i play tight sometimes and sometimes loose depending on the opponents, at FR games at the mo, i'm playing 25/12 because my opponents seem to be quite passive and i'm naturally agressive. the numbers on their own mean nothing (well said buddha)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just at a tight/passive table so I adjusted by playing more hands along with more PFR and it worked out well.

At another table nobody wanted to fold so I had to tighten up and value bet when the time was right.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:41 PM

You could open raise with suited connectors, suited semi-connectors, and small pairs. You could raise several limpers from CO or HJ to isolate the limpers. You could raise weaker aces, like AT/AJ/AQ from the CO or button if it is either folded or limped to you. You can raise A7 or bigger kicker aces and any broadways if it is folded to you in the CO or button. But I hate most of these moves because I don't like playing easily dominated hands in raised pots, especially if the button calls behind me.

A word of caution, however, I don't think doubling your PFR will help much if you cb about 100% now and plan to cb the same amount after doubling your pfr %. Some flops/situations might be good to c/f. Last thing you need is a bunch of passive types floating your cbs every time you have no pair, no draw, and no overcards.

You can also open up your preflop reraise range from QQ-AA+AK to TT-AA/AK/AQ when the preflop raiser is raising more than 10% of his hands, especially if you will have position on him.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything wrong with a 7% PFR at fullring online. Its nice and solid. It will give more credibility to your cbs. If you're winning, then what's the problem?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:55 AM

good point, i guess im just trying to get better and from what i have read 16/12 is a good number to shoot for. Im just not sure about FR tables and this forum seems to be a great place to start and figure it all out. Are there any good post/ articles on full ring or other strategy I should read up on?

I know more short handed play than full ring and just really wanna focus on FR games now.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:16 AM

If the table is full of stations and bad LAGs who float or raise your cbets (or fire away if you don't cbet) then 12% PFR will be tough to succeed with; not impossible, just tough.

16% VP$IP is good though, especially if you're positionally aware.